My name is Helen. I love my city and I like to show it from a local viewpoint! My favourite places are unusual ones that are off the beaten track and are often missed by many visitors. I aim to show you these combined with the incredible history, culture and sights we have to offer
I keep my group sizes small which gives us plenty of time to talk! Sometimes I can even vary the route according to your interests or pick up a drink along the way..
I set up my company “Edinburgh Welcome Tours” because during my travels I have been invited to homes all over the world so now I want to welcome visitors from everywhere to my own home town.
My other tours -"Historic Old City Tour" & "Grand Designs & Hidden Gems" are both shorter & cover different areas. Please see our Edinburgh Welcome Tours website or contact us for details.
We also run individual tours at a time and place to suit you. Please contact us directly if you are interested so that we can produce the perfect one for you!
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Edinburgh Old Town, Edinburgh EH1 Scotland
We start up high at the Castle and walk up, down and all around some of the hidden old gems of the city.
You'll see historic places, learn fascinating stories about real people who lived in this city, pass under main areas, wind through some narrow streets and pop out unexpectedly from time to time to see some of the most spectacular sights that Edinburgh has to offer.
At the end of the tour we will take in one of the higher levels of the city by climbing the short distance to the top of Calton Hill to see incredible views across the city and out to sea. The tour ends here, leaving you to continue to enjoy the views at your own pace. The hill is a five minute walk away from the East end of the city centre..
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- The walk is about 3 miles/ 5 km up and down with many steps so comfortable walking shoes are recommended!
- If you would prefer to walk a shorter distance then my other tour "Historic Old City Tour" maybe more enjoyable! Please see our website for details or contact us directly.
- We have two other tours - "Historic Old City Tour" and "Grand Designs and Hidden Gems" which are both shorter and cover different areas of the city. Please see our website or contact us if you are interested in other tours.
- We also run individual tours at a time and place to suit you. Please contact us directly for information.
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Tour Guide and lots of interesting information about our beautiful city!
Calton Hill, Edinburgh EH7 5AA, UK
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Edinburgh Welcome Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.