Discover a hand-picked selection of picturesque Kentish villages on this leisurely half-day tour. Avoiding main roads, you meander along narrow country lanes, pausing in some of the county's most photogenic spots to take photos, explore the odd medieval church or perhaps meet the landlord of a local pub. You make a stop in Sandwich, one of the most complete medieval towns in Britain with a street plan that has changed little since the 14th century. Enjoy a walking tour of this ancient town, followed by a delicious traditional cream tea, included in the price of the excursion. Return to Dover via the historic coastal towns of Deal and Walmer, before making a final stop in a spectacular location to admire the famous White Cliffs.
What You'll Get
This private half-day excursion starts from Dover Port or Cruise Terminal and lasts approximately 4 hours. The excursion can operate in the morning or afternoon, so please advise the preferred start time at the time of booking.
The route takes you from Dover heading north through a selection of villages to the east of Canterbury and returns via the medieval town of Sandwich and the east coast of Kent.
Complimentary pick-ups and drop-offs are also available from Folkestone, Ashford or Canterbury, including railway stations and hotels.
Transportation will be arranged in a private air-conditioned 7-seater vehicle and includes the services of a fully qualified driver-guide.
A traditional cream tea is included in the price of the excursion. Individual headsets are provided so that everyone can clearly hear the guide's commentary inside and out of the vehicle.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Important: Please advise the preferred departure time and location at the time of booking
- Important: At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- Will be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
- With 5 passengers and less, a collapsible wheelchair can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- All taxes, fees and parking charges
- Bottled water
- Traditional cream tea
- Professional Driver/guide
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Private tour
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Entrance fees to museums, castles etc
The Port of Dover Cruise Terminal (Western Docks) or Ferry Terminal (Eastern Docks) or a location of choice in Folkestone, Ashford (Kent) or Canterbury.
Flexible; please advise the preferred start time at the time of booking
The tour returns to the original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the England Plus Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.