This tour takes you to:
• Drive through the beautiful Yorkshire countryside
• Visit the Bronte Parsonage Museum & Graveyard
• Guided walk around Haworth, unchanged since the Brontes lived there
• Visit romantic gothic ruins of Wycoller Hall, “Ferndean Manor” of Jane Eyre
• Private Tour, only your group will participate
About This Deal
This Winter tour takes you through three Counties to the village of Haworth and the Parsonage where the Bronte’s lived, set in the bleak moorland landscape of North Yorkshire. Drive through the beautiful Yorkshire Dales scenery for a stop in the ageless village of Clapham. See the infamous school attended by the Bronte sisters which became the inspiration for Lowood school in Jane Eyre. Following in the Charlotte Bronte’s footsteps, visit the pretty village of Wycoller with its ruinous hall, the model for Ferndean Manor in Jane Eyre. Discover the places the Bronte’s knew and the landscape which inspired them.
Explore the Bronte Parsonage, where Charlotte, Emily, Anne and Branwell lived with their father Rev. Patrick Bronte. See where they sat and wrote, Wuthering Heights, Jane Eyre and The Tennant of Wildfell Hall. Discover how they lived and what their lives were like in Industrial Yorkshire where death was on the doorstep and freedom was on the moors.
Wander down the High street of Haworth, hardly changed since the Bronte’s walked here 150 years ago. See the Black Bull Inn where Branwell Drank and the Old apothecary where he bought laudanum. Set your imagination free, breathe the chill moorland air, gaze over the wild, dramatic landscape of Wuthering Heights. Discover the freedoms and restrictions, the successes and failures, the loves and losses endured in the world of Victorian England, a place which fashioned the passionate, emotional and tragic lives of the world’s most famous literary family.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- All passengers, including children of any age, must have a seat purchased for them
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Live commentary on board
- Knowledgeable guide available throughout the tour
- Qualified driver in addition to guide for your safety
- Small group size for a more intimate experience
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Entry into the Bronte Parsonage Museum
- Food and drinks
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from most hotels in the South Lakes area.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the English Lakes Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.