On this tour you will get to see:
• stunning Lakeland scenery and Wordsworth’s favourite lakes
• Visit grave & memorial of Romantic Poet Laureate, Southey
• Visit Grasmere Village
• Shop in Grasmere Gingerbread Store
• See St Oswald's Church and the Wordsworth family graves
• Step into Dove Cottage & the Wordsworth Museum, Wordsworth's first Grasmere home
• See Rydal and Dora’s Field
What You'll Get
This Winter tour takes you to the fascinating places associated with the Romantic poets of Wordsworth, Southey and Coleridge in the beautiful Lake District landscape. Drive through the stunning scenery for a glimpse of the hall where Southey and Coleridge lived and on to the quintessentially English churchyard to see Southey’s grave and memorial within the church. Following in the poets’ footsteps, visit the pretty village of Grasmere. Discover the places the Wordsworths spent their daily lives and the village where they lived. See the Wordsworth family graves, one of the most visited places in the Lake District.
Explore Dove Cottage, where Wordsworth lived with his sister, and the Wordsworth Museum. See where William wrote Ode: Intimations of Immortality, Ode to Duty, My Heart Leaps Up, and I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud, together with parts of his autobiographical epic, The Prelude. Entry is included.
Head to Rydal Mount to see the family home where he lived for 37 years and died in 1850. If Rydal is open on the day of your visit there is time to buy an entry ticket and explore the delightful interior. Visit the beautiful and tranquil Rydal Hall Gardens to see the sculpture path throughout the grounds and hear the sound of rushing water running over a series of high waterfalls down a rocky ravine, through the mossy banks of a wooded garden. The oldest viewing house in the country, from 1669, is sited below the lower fall. Finish the day at Rydal Church and Dora’s Field, planted by the poet in memory of his daughter.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- All passengers, including children of any age, must have a seat purchased for them
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Live commentary on board
- Knowledgeable guide available throughout the tour
- Qualified driver in addition to guide for your safety
- Small group of no more than 6 for a more intimate tour allowing for great discussions
- Food and drinks
- Entrance to Rydal Mount (if it is open)
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the English Lake District Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
14-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operator's terms and conditions for this offer here.