An opportunity to visit several locations where the Arts & Craft Movement was born and developed in the company of a knowledgeable guide who will explain the history and show you some of the beautiful architecture and items the Movement created. You will get to see exquisite stained glass designed and produced by the Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood, discover John Ruskin's influence on the Movement's creation and development and visit the amazing Blackwell that was created totally by Arts & Crafts craftsmen and designers.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Brantwood Brantwood East of Lake, Coniston LA21 8AD England
A chance for a guided visit to Brantwood, the home of John Ruskin the art critic and social commentator who influenced the creation and development of the Arts and Crafts Movement
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ruskin Museum, Coniston LA21 8DU England
Visit to the Ruskin Museum to see more details of John Ruskin and the various Arts & Crafts ideas he encouraged.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Jesus Church, Patterdale Road A592 junction with Greengate lane, Troutbeck England
See spectacular stained glass designed by the Pre-Raphaelite painter Sir Edward Burne-Jones and manufacture by William Morris & Co.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Blackwell, The Arts & Crafts House, Bowness-on-Windermere LA23 3JT England
Blackwell is a superb example of the Arts & Crafts Movement. Explore the delightful interiors that range from dark wood panelled rooms with a minstrel's gallery through to the amazing White Drawing Room that will blow your mind with its detail.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- All passengers, including children of any age, must have a seat purchased for them
- Please choose the option for the place you wish to join the tour, once booked this is where we expect to pick you up
- The English Lake District weather can change quickly, even in the summer months. Please bring a waterproof coat with a hood in case of rain or windy weather
- As there is a little walking involved on the tour, some uphill and on uneven or wet terrain, please wear suitable, comfortable shoes
- This tour is not suitable for children under the age of 5
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Admission into Brantwood
- Admission into the Ruskin Museum
- Admission into Blackwell
- Knowledgeable guide to provide expert commentary and analysis all day
- Experienced driver for your safety on the steep, narrow and twisty Lakeland roads
- Small group of up to 6 people for a more flexible and personalised experience
- Radio technology to keep you in-touch with the guide when you are off the minibus (where applicable)
- Entry/Admission - Brantwood
- Entry/Admission - Ruskin Museum
- Entry/Admission - Blackwell, The Arts & Crafts House
- Lunch - No food or drink is included in the tour price although we do take a lunch stop
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the English Lake District Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.