Even if you've never read an Agatha Christie novel, watched a film, or seen one of her plays, it doesn't matter! This tour focuses on Agatha the person and her truly remarkable life, rather than reviewing all her works of literature
Guests will be enthralled to hear the stories of her early years in Torquay, her bitter/sweet marriage to Archie Christie and how she found the inspiration to create her legendary murder mysteries and characters.
We aim to provide guests with a better understanding of who she was and how she bounced back from personal and professional challenges to become the world's most successful authoress
By the end of the tour, you'll have a full appreciation of her outstanding contributions during both World Wars, her courage to travel alone to Baghdad, becoming a distinguished archaeologist, and how her books continue to touch the lives of millions around the world
About This Deal
The walking tour takes guests around Torquay's sea front, highlighting the places that played a part in Agatha's life and influenced her writing. You'll be walking in the steps of the world's greatest authoress!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- This walking tour takes place in the fresh air, but guests may wish to bring face masks and sanitiser for their personal comfort/protection
- Alcoholic Beverages
Vaughan Road, Vaughan Rd, Torquay TQ2 5JG, UK
2 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the English Riviera Walking Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.