Looking for the ultimate aviation tour, then this is for you.
From The history of Army flying to the history of Test Flights in the UK, this day long tour will transpoprt you back to the time of The Royal Engineers to The Royal Flying Corps to the Army Air Corps as we know it today.
Experience a wide wide of aircraft, planes and helicopters and eevn the experimental!
About This Deal
You will be met at your hotel or cruise ship in Southampton and then, whilst travelling to Salisbury, you will pass by the New Forest which dates back to the time of William the Conqueror who used it to pursue his love of hunting.
The New Forest is also home to 3,000 wild ponies that roam freely alongside pigs and cattle.
As you head over Pepperbox Hill, the Salisbury Cathedral Spire comes into view just as it did for the medieval pilgrims.
Your first stop is The Museum of Army Flying.
Its collection covers the five main branches of Army Aviation: Royal Engineers (1878 – 1912), The Royal Flying Corps (1912-1918), Air Observation Post Squadrons (1941 – 1957), the Glider Pilot Regiment (1942 – 1957) and the current Army Air Corps (1957- to date).
With over 40 aircraft on display, this is a must see.
The collection also contains smaller items such as uniforms, medals and equipment which are used tell inspiring stories about the people involved in Army aviation.
The museum has a range of historic aircraft on display including a Auster Mk9, a Scout, a Gazelle and even a Cobra Attack Helicopter, all of which have played an important role in military aviation.
After your guided tour, you can take a few minutes to view the Memorial in remembrance to those who have lost there life's whilst flying for the army.
Before you leave, you can have a bite to eat and drink at The Apache Cafe, with its excellent views across the active Army Air Corps airfield adjacent to the Museum.
You will now be transported to Old Sarum Airfield the best-preserved flying field of the World War I period which is home to The Boscombe Down Aviation Centre.
This is a working museum with hundreds of historic aircraft on display, most of which you are able to climb in and out off, this collection is a must see for the true aviation enthusiast.
Your museum guide will be on hand to talk to you and show you around the exhibits.
You will even be able to talk to the volunteers that are tirelessly restoring aircraft and engines to their former glory.
Whether you're a serious aviation enthusiast or a kid who wants to sit in fast jet cockpits, this is for you!
This collection of aircraft, cockpits, replicas, models weapons and trials equipment tells the story of flight and flight test in the UK.
On completion of your tour, we will then transport you back to your cruise ship or hotel in Southampton.
Included in the package :
Entrance fees to the Museum of Army Flying and Boscombe Down Aviation Collection included
• Bottled water
• Live commentary on board
• Small-group tour
• Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 person per booking is required
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All vehicles are sanitized at the start of the day. Groups of 2 will be transported in a Saloon car, groups of 3 - 5 will be transported in an 8 seater people carrier. NOTE: At the moment, due to the current COVID-19 situation, NO passengers will be allowed to sit in the front seat of the vehicles.
- Private tour
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Army Flying Museum
6 to 8 hours
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Exec Connect Uk Ltd - Salisbury Stonehenge & Sarum Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.