Take a half-day tour out of Edinburgh to explore one of Scotland's top visited attractions, the historic and mysterious Rosslyn Chapel in Midlothian. Pass by some of Edinburgh’s hidden gems along the route to and from Rosslyn.
Learn 700 years of facinating history with mysterious connections to the Catholic Church including the secret society of The Knights Templar, discover the stories carved into the stonework and what could lie beneath the floor of Rosslyn.
Travel past some of Edinburgh's hidden Gems as we travel to and from Rosslyn, including Craigmillar Castle and the picturesque village, now enclave of Edinburgh at Duddingston.
Please note that entry fees to Rosslyn Chapel are not included but can be pre-booked on your behalf (£9.50 GBP per person).
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: 1 Chapel Loan Rosslyn Chapel, Roslin, Roslin EH25 9PT Scotland
Our first stop is Rosslyn Chapel, made famous by its mysterious links to The Knights Templar and more recently the setting for the Dan Brown Novel ad Tom Hanks film; The Da Vinci Code.
The Chapel features incredibly intricate stonework, the architectural highlight being the Apprentice Pillar. We'll learn its gruesome story of jealousy and murder.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Duddingston Kirk, Old Church Lane Duddingston Village, Edinburgh EH15 3PX Scotland
Nestled into the foothills of Arthur's Seat, Duddingston is a picturesque village with an interesting Kirk. Visit this historic church and learn some of the stories from its interesting and long history.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Craigmillar Castle Road, Edinburgh EH16 4SY Scotland
We stop at Edinburgh’s second Castle at Craigmillar. Whilst we don’t have time to explore the castle in depth, we will learn about its important proximity to the medieval city and interesting visitors including Mary Queen of Scots.
Duration: 10 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Experienced Tours is 'Good To Go' and has passed the government Covid-19 assessment. We are now able to resume our private tours of Scotland. A private tour is the best way to travel whilst practicing social distancing without other passengers being in the vehicle.
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- WiFi on board
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Rosslyn Chapel
- Entry/Admission - Craigmillar Castle
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Experienced Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.