This tour takes you off the beaten path into one of Scotland's less visited regions.
The Scottish Borders is full of fascinating history, historic places to visit and beautiful scenery. Because it is less popular the places we visit are often quieter, giving you more time to learn about the history, hear the stories and appreciate the scenes.
Your private tour guide and driver will bring the stories of the border region to life as we drive along country roads, spotting local wildlife and stopping to snap the rolling scenery of the area.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: 1 Chapel Loan Rosslyn Chapel, Roslin, Roslin EH25 9PT Scotland
Rosslyn Chapel is world-famous because of its role in Dan Brown’s mystery novel ‘The Da Vinci Code. The chapel is surrounded by legend, and its building is of great beauty and interest. It was begun by William Sinclair, first Earl of Caithness in 1442.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Abbotsford House Abbotsford, Melrose TD6 9BQ Scotland
Abbotsford is the the home of Georgian Scots novelist and poet Sir Walter Scott. Designed by William Atkinson and Edward Blore in the Scottish baronial style, it and was constructed between 1817 and 1824. We’ll take the tour through the public areas of Abbotsford and learn about Scott’s life here.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Traquair House, Innerleithen Scotland
We travel along the River Tweed to Traquair House. Scotland’s oldest continually inhabited property, Traquair is in as near an original state as any house in Scotland from the period and is full of interesting artefacts including a library of more than 3,000 volumes and display of possessions of Mary Queen of Scots.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Scott's View, St. Boswells TD6 0AP Scotland
We stop briefly to take in the inspiration views over the Eldon Hills from Scott's View. Fresh air and flora and fauna abound in this rich rural landscape.
Duration: 15 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Our tours are conducted with your safety and peace of mind and in line with the Scottish Government guidance on COVID protocols at the time of departure.
- WiFi on board
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Kilt-wearing local private guide
- Bottled water
- Entrance to attractions and sites
- Entry/Admission - Abbotsford House
- Entry/Admission - Traquair House
Traveler pickup is offered
We can collect from & Return from your accommodation in Edinburgh, Edinburgh Airport or the cruise ship arrival points in Edinburgh
- Turnhouse Airport, Edinburgh EH12 9DN Scotland
- Hawes Pier, Queensferry, South Queensferry EH30 9TB, UK
- London Capital Cruising Edinburgh, Leith, Edinburgh EH6 6NH, UK
- Newhaven Harbour, Pier Pl, Newhaven, Edinburgh EH6 4LP, UK
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Experienced Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.