Our fantastic private guided Outlander tour is a fantastic way to explore many of the on-location castles that were used in Scotland for hit TV show Outlander.
Your friendly and knowledgeable driver guide will take you on a journey of Outlander discovery exploring many sights onboard your private Mercedes Minivan. Hear the stories that make these locations famous both in Outlander, other film and TV appearances and in Scottish history. Many of the locations are within easy reach of Edinburgh. As well as seeing all of the local Outlander locations, we'll also have time visit the impressive Forth Bridges and pass the Kelpies and Stirling Castle to name a few the other sights.
Our vehicles are the perfect size to squeeze down the country lanes that many of the locations are found whilst still being spacious and comfortable for up to 6 guests.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Midhope Castle, Near Abercorn, South Queensferry, Edinburgh EH52 6QZ Scotland
The location for Lallybroch in the grounds of Hopetoun house. The castle is where Jamie lives and works in the early seasons of Outlander.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Falkland, Falkland, Fife, Scotland
The picturesque village is the stand-in for Inverness in Outlander. The very first scene is filmed here as Claire and Frank arrive from London on honeymoon.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Culross, Culross, Fife, Scotland
The conservation village at Culross was used as the stand-in for Cranesmuir in Outlander. Explore some of the locations that were filmed in this beautiful village
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Culross Palace, West Green, Culross KY12 8JH Scotland
Culross Palace was used as the interior location for many scenes in Outlander and used for Claire's herb garden. It is a beautiful preserved house and grounds and we explore it in full.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Hopetoun House, South Queensferry, Edinburgh EH30 9SL Scotland
We arrive at The Duke of Sandringham's Residence in Scotland. Hopetoun is the stand-in for his palatial mansion. As one of Scotland's largest stately houses it is itself an interesting visit. We view Hopetoun from the outside.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Doune Castle, Castle Hill, Doune, Stirling FK16 6EA Scotland
Doune Castle is instantly recognisable as Castle Leoch. Used in both post-war and 18th century scenes, Doune is one of Scotland's most filmed at locations. The Castle was also used for Game of Thrones and Monty Python.
Duration: 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Experienced Tours is 'Good To Go' and has passed the government Covid-19 assessment. We are now able to resume our private tours of Scotland. A private tour is the best way to travel whilst practicing social distancing without other passengers being in the vehicle.
- Professional local guide
- Live commentary on board
- Transport by private air-conditioned minivan
- Access to Midhope Castle
- Bottled water
- WiFi on board
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Midhope Castle
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- Entrance fees to Doune, Falkland, Blackness and Linlithgow (require Heritage Pass) - Note these are not essential to the tour but will add significantly to the day
- Entry/Admission - Culross Palace
- Entry/Admission - Doune Castle
Traveler pickup is offered
- Turnhouse Airport, Edinburgh EH12 9DN Scotland
- South Queensferry
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Experienced Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.