What You'll Get
Meet your gastronomic guide and small group at Golden Square, Soho, at 2:15pm for a journey into one of London's most cosmopolitan and vibrant districts, a rich blend of history and modernity. Packed with pubs, bars, cafés, snack shops, and restaurants, Soho is home to a startling variety of international cuisine: from Chinese (especially in Chinatown) to Japanese, Mexican, Italian, and modern British.
You'll learn how Soho became London's Bohemia, from the first influx of immigrants in the late seventeenth century that gave it its name “the French Quarter” to the glory days of 20th-century nightlife and sleaze. Discover a culinary melting pot once home to the capital's leading intellectuals and artists.
As you explore, enjoy up to six food stops at places popular with the locals. Get insider tips from your guide on avoiding the tourist traps, and develop a great, first-hand feel for the real, everyday Soho — the one that’s not always immediately obvious.
Stop at various food outlets, including a historic, tucked-away foodie courtyard, and taste different world foods. Samples and stops on each tour vary according to availability, but expect to taste dishes such as dim sum in Chinatown, scrumptious Mexican tacos, and Japanese seaweed-rolled sushi.
Chat to the vendors about their creations as you eat, and in between stops, soak up the vibrant, villagey atmosphere. Hear stories about Soho’s fascinating history and the famous figures, including writers, artists and poets, who have shaped its culture and folklore.
Your tour finishes in Soho around 5:45pm, when your guide bids you goodbye. They'll be happy to offer directions to wherever you plan to go next, or suggestions for places for you to start your evening.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- A variety of food tastings
- An expert food tour guide
- Best of London” Food Guide and map of Soho
- A visit to a hidden historic courtyard
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
3 hours 30 minutes
Finishes in Soho
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Food Lovers Tours Ltd in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
14-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operator's terms and conditions for this offer here.