Enjoy this traditional Scottish immersive dining experience with a local in Edinburgh.
What to expect:
• Welcome drink on arrival
• Enjoy 4- Scottish courses, which are matched with wine and beer - all you need to do is vote on you scorecard for which drink makes the better match
• The host will take you on a culinary journey, tell some tales of Edinburgh and Scotland and you will be treated to an extract from Burns's "Address To A Haggis" in broad Scots dialect
• Enjoy coffee, chocolates and a tutored Scotch Malt Whisky tasting after dinner
Menu includes Smoked Salmon, Haggis, Scotch Beef and Cranachan along with Scottish beers and wine selection
What You'll Get
On arrival you will be given a welcome drink while you meet and mingle with the other guests. We will then sit at large communal tables to encourage guests to interact while the host will explain the format of the evening. You will enjoy a 4 course sampling menu of fine Scottish produce including Smoked Salmon, Haggis, Scotch Rump Steak and a classic Scottish dessert called Cranachan - don't worry , unlike some sampling menus there will be plenty of food and you will not leave hungry!!. Vegetarian options will be available, unfortunately we cannot provide a Vegan alternative to this menu. Each course will be matched with wine and one of our Scottish beers from West brewery - the host will give you some information about the drinks and you will be asked to vote on which you think is the best match for each course. The votes will be collated and a winner announced at the end of the meal. We will then finish the evening with coffee, Scottish chocolates and a whisky tasting - you will sample 3 very different styles of whisky from the Lowlands, the Highlands and the Islands. The host will explain what to look for and explain the reasons for the very different tastes
• Haggis Neeps and Tatties with Whisky Cream sauce
• Scottish Smoked Salmon with Crowdie Cheese
• Scotch Beef Steak with Chips and Pepper Sauce
• Cranachan - traditional raspberry, oatmeal, whipped cream and honey dessert
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Near public transportation
- Animals or pets allowed
- Infant seats unavailable
- Infants must not sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- 4 course dinner with coffee and chocolates
- Food and drinks
- welcome drink, beer and wine with each course plus 3 whisky samples
- Everything is included, souvenirs are available to purchase
Smoke Stack, 53-55 Broughton St, Edinburgh EH1 3RJ, UK
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Forbes Food and Drink Experiences in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
14-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operator's terms and conditions for this offer here.