This private day tour takes you on a historical and beautiful journey across Central Scotland and the lower Highlands.Visit: • Stirling Castle (admission extra) • Doune Castle (admission extra) • The Lochs and Mountains of the Trossachs National Park • The quaint village of Luss, on the banks of loch Lomond
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Stirling Castle, Castle Esplanade Upper Castle Hill, Old Town, Stirling FK8 1EJ Scotland
Stirling is a small city and passing through the medieval heart we see many fine buildings including the Church of the Holy Rude, Argyll’s Lodging, and the Old Town Jail. You could easily spend the whole day in Stirling but the main attraction is the visit to the mighty Stirling Castle (admission fee not included), which is Scotland’s finest medieval castle. It has stunning views from the battlements over to the National Wallace Monument to the east and the Trossachs to the west.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Doune Castle, Castle Hill, Doune, Stirling FK16 6EA Scotland
Next we head to Doune Castle (admission fee extra) of “Monty Python" and "Outlander” fame before heading into the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park at Callander.
There are some real Scottish Inns that DON’T cater for large coach parties! There is also a lovely lunch available at Deanston Distillery where they have a small café with great food, and you can sample the whisky too!!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Trossachs Trail Loop, Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park Scotland
After lunch we take the simply stunning Dukes Pass road through the Trossachs, travelling to the small picturesque village of Aberfoyle
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Loch Lomond, Stirling Scotland
From Aberfoyle we take the road to Balloch, before taking the main road up the side of Loch Lomond to the picturesque village of Luss
After sometime to wander the village and take in the views over the loch, it’s then a comfortable drive back to the ship at Greenock.
Duration: 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- The duration of tour is approximate, the exact duration will depend on the ships arrival and departure times and traffic conditions
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Bottled water
- Live commentary on board
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Use of the on board WiFi
- Entry fees for the Castles
- Entry/Admission - Stirling Castle
- Entry/Admission - Doune Castle
Traveler pickup is offered
Greenock Cruise Terminal
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the G & S Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.