You will be transported through time as you travel towards Speyside getting closer to George's Home town. You may hear his accent change slightly the closer he gets to the area of his childhood
NOTE: It will depend on how early you book this tour as it is not always possible to gain entry to all distilleries on the same day as they are usually very busy. George will always do his best to ensure you get to visit and enjoy the distilleries of your choice around the area.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Carrbridge PH23 3BG, UK
In Carrbridge you will see the Old Pack Horse Bridge the oldest known bridge in the Highlands, locally known as The Coffin Bridge. Built in 1717 at the total cost of £100. (photo stop 15 mins)
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Grantown-on-Spey, Grantown-on-Spey, Aviemore and the Cairngorms, Scottish Highlands, Scotland
It is said that Grantown as we know it today was founded in 1765 after a bridge was built over the River Spey. To let soldiers travel from Corgaff Castle to Fort George. Population today aprox. 2500 people, and the home of Grant Castle.
Stop At: Glenfiddich Distillery Station Road, Dufftown AB55 4DH Scotland
The distillery was founded in 1886 by William Grant in Dufftown and gets its water from the River Fiddich. The first whisky ran from the stills on Christmas day 1887-it is still owned and run by the Grant family who also founded Balvenie and Mortlach Speyside cooperage. (40mins) This is an excellent opportunity to see the coopers and their apprentices at work making the whisky barrels. Fantastic to watch the speed these guys work and get great photos. We watch from a viewing area with a member of staff in attendance to tell all as we go
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Speyside Cooperage Visitor Centre, Dufftown Road, Craigellachie AB38 9RS Scotland
Enjoy a journey through the lifecycle of the cask with this classic tour, see the highly skilled coopers at work while you simply relax and enjoy the gift and coffee shop.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: The Macallan Distillery, Easter Elchies Estate, Easter Elchies AB38 9RX Scotland
The Macallan distillery was founded in 1824 the current owners Edrington took the risk to shut down the old distillery and build a new one on site, it went 40% over budget costing £140 million pounds. There is not another distillery like it in the world.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Aberlour Distillery High Street Aberlour, Banffshire, Aberlour AB38 9PJ Scotland
hopefully we have our distillery tour here depending on availability. A 90 minute tour with 5 tastings of various aged whiskies. Aberlour has been making whisky at this site since 1879, but are in the process of moving to a new location.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Bottled water
- Local knowledge from a (TRUE) Highlander in a Kilt :)
- Entry/Admission - Glenfiddich Distillery
- Entry/Admission - Speyside Cooperage Visitor Centre
- Entry/Admission - The Macallan Distillery
- Entry/Admission - Aberlour Distillery
Royal Highland Hotel, 18 Station Square, Academy St, Inverness IV1 1LG, UK
Traveler pickup is offered
We are happy to pick up from all Hotels, Guest houses and B&B's within a radius of 20 miles from inverness simply let us know your needs
- Inverness Airport, Inverness Scotland
Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 10/6/2019 - 6/21/2022
|Monday - Sunday:||08:00 AM - 06:00 PM|
6 to 8 hours
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the GHD Clan Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.