Well... where do we start? Probably one of the most famous Battles faught on British Soil between Scotland (Jacobites) and the English Forces.
This tour with George will help you to relive the run up to the Battle and also point out the changes in Culture after that fateful day.
If you have any particular preferences during the Tour this can also be taken into account.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Culloden House Hotel, Culloden Rd, Balloch, Culloden, Inverness IV2 7BZ, UK
Once occupied by Bonnie Prince Charlie as his headquarters before the ill fated Battle of Culloden in 1746.
A Georgian Country House which boasts first class service in the Capitol of the Scottish Highlands. Award winning cuisine, magnificent walled garden and gracious rooms await you.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Clava Cairns, Balnuaran of Clava, IV2 5EU Scotland
Clava Cairns or prehistoric burial cairns of Bulnuaran of Clava are a group of 3 bronze age cairns. A complete passage of graves, ring cairns Kerb cairns and standing stones dating back 4000 years. The largest standing stone is said to have given Diana Gabaldon’s famous Outlander novel now a popular TV series
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Culloden Battlefield Visitor Centre, Culloden Moor IV2 5EU Scotland
Culloden battle changed world history on the 16th April 1746. The Jacobite army fought to reclaim the throne of Britain from the Hanoverians for a Stuart King the British army was equally determined to stop this happening a ferocious European war had come to Scotland -dividing families and setting clan against clan. All went wrong for the Jacobite on 6th December in Derby 100 miles from London when an angry Bonnie Prince Charlie was persuaded to return to Scotland.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Fort George, 11 miles off the A96, Inverness IV2 7TD Scotland
Fort George the mightiest artillery fortification in Britain if not Europe built to hold the English soldiers after the Battle of Culloden to supress any further Jacobite unrest. Built from 1748-1457 it has never been attacked and is still used by the British Army today.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Bottled water
- Professional Driver/Guide
- Historical Fun
- Entry/Admission - Culloden Battlefield
- Entry/Admission - Fort George
Royal Highland Hotel, 18 Station Square, Academy St, Inverness IV1 1LG, UK
Traveler pickup is offered
George is happy to collect you from your Hotel, Guest house or B&B in and around the Inverness area.
- Inverness Airport, Inverness Scotland
Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 11/3/2019 - 7/22/2023
|Monday - Sunday:||08:00 AM - 09:00 PM|
6 to 7 hours
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the GHD Clan Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.