Come with me to explore the heart of power in London – the city of Westminster. We will see the Houses of Parliament, Buckingham Palace, and the beautiful St James’s Park with its famous pelicans.
Greater London actually has two cities at its heart: the ancient City of London, whose history stretches back almost 2,000 years, to Roman times; and the City of Westminster, its younger sister, whose history is a mere 1,000 years.
The City of Westminster is the site of the most powerful institutions in the UK – so much so, that “Westminster” is often used as shorthand for our parliament.
We will start our tour outside the home of that institution – the Houses of Parliament. You will probably recognise the building, as it is the one with Big Ben at one end of it.
We will hear about the history of UK government - known as the "Mother of Parliaments", and about Westminster Abbey, where 39 English monarchs have been crowned.
Then we will stroll through St James's Park to Buckingham Palace.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Parliament Square, Westminster, London SW1P 3BD England
Full of statues of some of the greatest democratic heroes of the UK and around the world, Parliament Square is the heart of political power in London
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Houses of Parliament, Parliament Square, London SW1A 0AA England
The majestic Palace of Westminster and Big Ben, its iconic clock tower.
Pass By: Westminster Abbey, 20 Dean's Yard Broad Sanctuary, London SW1P 3PA England
The Royal Coronation Church, on this site for over 1,000 years. The Abbey is a masterpiece of Gothic architecture, and contains memorials to over 3,300 people, including 17 kings and queens of England.
Stop At: St. James's Park, Horse Guards Road The Storeyard, London SW1A 2BJ England
A beautiful Royal Park, linking the heart of Westminster and Buckingham Palace. It is full of gorgeous flowers, and plenty of local wildlife - including the elegant pelicans, whose presence dates back to the 17th Century.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Buckingham Palace, Spur Road, London SW1A 1AA England
The official residence of the monarch in London, Buckingham Palace is a gorgeous royal home and site of state occasions such as Trooping the Colour. Admire the ornate building, the proud guards in their red uniforms, and the golden statue of Queen Victoria outside.
Pass By: Green Park, Piccadilly, London W1J 9EJ England
The peaceful space of Green Park, one of 7 Royal Parks in and around London, holds many lovely vistas and beautiful trees.
Stop At: Westminster, Victoria Street at Parliament Square, London SW1P 3PA England
The heart of political and royal power for centuries, the City of Westminster has a 1,000-year history full of amazing stories, intrigue, and derring-do.
Duration: 45 minutes
Pass By: Saint Margaret's Church on Parliament Square, Westminster Abbey 20 Dean's Yard, London SW1P 3JX England
The parish church of the UK's Members of Parliament, and almost as old as Westminster Abbey just next door.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- As this is an outside walking tour, you are welcome to attend either with or without a face mask. Currently, London authorities require those arriving by public transport to wear a face covering while on the bus, train, or Underground.
- Specialist London tour guide
- Attraction ticket
Buckingham Palace, London SW1A 1AA, UK
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Grace Barrett in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.