Join us on this day tour departing from Edinburgh. You will experience some of the best examples of "The Da Vinci Codes" Chapels and discover whiskies that make Scotland so great.
Discover the awe inspiring "Library in Stone". This stunning Chapel has inspired Authors, warriors, and travellers for decades. Learn about the history of Rosslyn Chapel. Traveling into the heart of the Scottish Borders, an area rich in hills, valleys, rivers, and moorland, as well as the traditional home to Scottish rugby to the perfect village of Melrose. Finishing the tour at a Whisky Distillery at Pencaitland where you can learn about how they take pure Highland water and transform it into a tasty, Sottish whisky. You will remember this inspirational day tour for years to come.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: 1 Chapel Loan Rosslyn Chapel, Roslin, Roslin EH25 9PT Scotland
From our start point by Edinburgh, we head out of the city to the little unassuming village of Roslin, here we will be making our first stop at Rosslyn Chapel. Described as the "Library in Stone", the inside walls of Rosslyn Chapel are covered in thousands of ancient carvings, each with a story of its own. You will learn all the myths and legends surrounding the mesmerizing chapel, including tales of the Knights Templar. Rosslyn Chapel's fame grew thanks to Robert Langdon in "The Da Vinci Code", Dan Brown's blockbusting novel.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Melrose Abbey, Abbey Street, Melrose TD6 9LG Scotland
Once Leaving Rosslyn we continue our journey deep into the heart of the Scottish Borders, discover an area rich in hills, valleys, rivers, and stunning moorland, as well as the traditional home to Scottish rugby. Arriving at the historic town of Melrose, birthplace of the game of Rugby Sevens, and location of Melrose Abbey, founded in 1163. The Abbey said to be the burial place of the casket containing the heart of Robert the Bruce. You will have time for lunch and some free time to explore Melrose and its Abbey.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Scott's View, St. Boswells TD6 0AP Scotland
Starting our return journey, travelling via St. Boswells. We will take time and pause for a photo stop at Scott’s View, where we can enjoy glorious breathtaking scenic views. Discover why this was the favorite view point of Sir Walter Scott.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Pencaitland, Pencaitland, East Lothian, Scotland
Our journey north takes us to Pencaitland, where we visit the charming Glenkinchie Distillery for a chance to sample ‘the water of life’ for a and learn more about the fine Scottish whiskies. Glenkinchie is one of few Lowland distilleries in Scotland.
OR if you prefer you can visit the lovely Winton House and gardens.
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Guests are booking this tour with the understanding that it will not always be possible for us to guarantee a 2-metre distance between people while on board. Seating will be pre-allocated. All guests strictly must wear a mask or participation in the tour will not be possible,No exemptions will made.
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Amazing Drivers and Guides
- All Fees and Taxes
- Pick-up and drop-off from designated meeting point
- Food and drinks, unless specified in booking
- Melrose Abbey Entry fee Adult £6.00, Concessions £4.80
- Rosslyn Chapel Entry Fee £ 9 adult, £ 7 concession, FREE Under 18's with an accompanying adult
- Entry/Admission - Rosslyn Chapel
- Entry/Admission - Melrose Abbey
302 Lawnmarket, Edinburgh EH1, UK
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Hairy Haggis Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.