Scotland is world renowned for its production of the finest single malt whisky. Each single malt whisky boasts its unique taste and characteristics, influenced by the wonderful natural spring water so abundant throughout the country. The production methods for each single malt has been meticulously preserved through tradition and guarded by the distillery. Their traditional production methods and fine ingredients creates the subtle differences and intricate flavours which differentiates one malt whisky from the next. Happy Tours will take you to visit some of the most wonderful Speyside whisky distilleries so you can learn their secrets, and taste their wares.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Happy Tours, 7 Ness Walk Front of the Columba Hotel, Inverness IV3 5NF Scotland
Tours meet at 9:00 am for leaving at 9:15am from the front of the Columba Hotel
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Tomatin Distillery Visitor Centre, Inverness IV13 7YT Scotland
Our Speyside distillery day tour from Inverness starts with a tour and tasting at Tomatin Distillery, which has been producing malt whisky since 1897. Having recently been named one of the ‘best in travel’ destination by Lonely Planet (2019), we’re sure you will enjoy your experience, and of course the soft, mellow notes of this wonderful Highland single malt.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Cardhu Distillery, Knockando, Aberlour AB38 7RY Scotland
We leave the rugged Highlands behind, and begin our journey through the lush Spey Valley, passing golden barley fields on our whisky trail, one of the three key ingredients used in the magic of single malt whisky production.
Enjoy a tasting at Cardhu Distillery, which was established in 1824 by former whisky smugglers, John and Helen Cumming. In the days of the couple’s illicit distilling, Helen would fly a red flag to warn the neighbours that excise men were lodging with them at their farm. Cardhu Distillery was one of the first to partner with John Walker & Sons. It has remained in this family for 200 years, carefully producing the “elegant, smooth, sensual character of Cardhu” single malt whisky.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Glenfiddich Distillery Station Road, Dufftown AB55 4DH Scotland
On a whisky tour, where else would you enjoy lunch but at a whisky bar? We stop off at the Mash Tun in Aberlour to enjoy a bite to eat (to line the stomach), some craic (banter) and perhaps a dram for the road? we stop here for 60 minutes
Then it's onwards to our next distillery. It’s said that “Rome was built on seven hills, and Dufftown stands on seven stills”. One of those stills is the world famous Glenfiddich Distillery, next on our itinerary for a whisky tasting. Glenfiddich is one of the few distilleries that remains family owned, producing a distinctive single malt developed by generations of “maverick whisky makers”. Today, Glenfiddich is the most awarded Single Malt Whisky, a testament to the distillery’s uncompromising methods.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Glen Moray Distillery, Bruceland Road, Elgin IV30 1YE Scotland
Finally, a tasting at Glen Moray Distillery in Elgin takes us back to the traditional. A change in ownership in 2008 has seen the distillery go “back to basics” and produce a quality, uncomplicated Speyside single malt. The “Elgin Heritage” range is the result, comprising of a 12-, 15- and 18-year-old single malt that does not disappoint.
Duration: 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18 years
- There is a very small possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough guests to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- Bottled water
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Whisky tastings costs
- Whisky Tour costs
- Entry/Admission - Tomatin Distillery Visitor Centre
- Entry/Admission - Cardhu Distillery
- Entry/Admission - Glenfiddich Distillery
- Entry/Admission - Glen Moray Distillery
7 Ness Walk, Inverness IV3 5NF, UK
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Happy Tours Scotland Limited in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.