The Go West tour does what it says! It heads off west from Brighton City (Shoreham) Airport and takes in sights of the stunning Sussex countryside, historic castles and modern seaside towns. This 30 minute flight is for up to 3 passengers in a modern Robinson R44 helicopter. This helicopter tour can be booked for any day of the week and your party will have sole use of the helicopter. This ensures that the lead member of the party gets the best seat next to the pilot, as well as being able to offer tweaks to the itinerary should there be specific things you want to see within the 30 minute flight time.
What You'll Get
Brighton City (Shoreham) Airport is an excellent airfield to start a scenic helicopter flight. The recently refurbished Main Terminal Building is an art deco treasure and takes visitors back to an era where flying was the height of sophistication. The views over the airfield are a photographers dream with the light aircraft in the foreground and the stunning backdrop of Lancing College's ornate chapel and rolling South Downs in the background.
After a short safety briefing your pilot will assist you in boarding the helicopter. On leaving the airfield the tour initially routes north towards the South Downs before turning west after taking in the remains of Bramber Castle. The majestic Wiston House and Parham House can be seen along with the extensive parkland around them as we follow the Downs to our second castle at Amberley.
The tour now follows the river Arun south taking in a triangular folly (Hiorne Tower) before flying around the outskirts of Arundel with spectacular views of the cathedral and castle.
Continuing south the flight passes the disused World War II airfield at Ford before reaching the sea. Turning east and following the seafront the tour now passes Littlehampton and Worthing. The approach to the airfield allows an excellent aerial view of the chapel at Lancing College before the helicopter hover taxys back to the hangar.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Subject to favourable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking.
- The helicopter has a maximum lift capacity. Parties with a total weight exceeding 45st (286kg) may not be able to be accommodated and have their booking rejected. The helicopter has a maximum seat weight of 22st (140kg).
- Passengers with disabilities should advise the operator of their individual needs when booking to ensure they can be met.
- Please contact the local operator for the preferred time slot after your booking.
- Free parking at the hangar.
- Photo CD for the lead passenger.
- Souvenir gift for each passenger.
- Food and drink are not available at the hangar. There is a restaurant with licensed bar at the airfield's main terminal building.
Brighton City (Shoreham) Airport
Tours available on the hour from 9am to 6pm every day of the week. Last flight is 1hr before sunset Nov-March.
Flights are subject to weather minima and this may affect the start time of each tour. The operator will endeavor to contact you in advance if they believe delays or cancellations will occur.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the HeliFly UK Ltd in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.