This tour visits many of the actual locations mentioned in the Outlander Novel/TV series. Whilst much of the filming took place in the South of Scotland the true location of the Jacobite Strongholds are to be found in the Highlands.Like all my tours this will be a laid back and relaxed day and flexible in every respect. The tours are conducted in a luxury van type vehicle which has excellent head and leg room and adult sized seats for all occupants. Complimentary water and snacks are carried in the vehicle and WiFi is also available wherever reception allows. Entry tickets are not included but can be obtained in advance for you at cost on request. Lunch stops are at your own discretion however the driver will be able to find you somewhere nice to eat as you require.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Urquhart Castle, A82 Road, Drumnadrochit IV63 6XJ Scotland
A drive along iconic Loch Ness takes us to this location where you can enjoy the views of the Castle from a vantage point above or you can enter the Castle ground (on payment of an admission fee) and get up close and personal with the Castle and Loch Ness
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Culloden Battlefield Visitor Centre, Culloden Moor IV2 5EU Scotland
This war grave is the genuine location of the Battle of Culloden, and is free to visit. There is an option to visit the museum and visitor experience upon payment of an admissi
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Clava Cairns, Balnuaran of Clava, IV2 5EU Scotland
These ancient standing stones and stone circles are said to have inspired Diane Gabaldons novels !
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Wardlaw Road Wardlaw Mausoleum, Kirkhill, Inverness IV5 7NB Scotland
Visit this final resting place of the genuine "Old Fox" or is it ?? Private visit to this Fraser burial ground
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Beauly Priory, Beauly IV4 7DY Beauly IV4, Beauly Scotland
Visit this 13th Century ruinous church in the heartland of Fraser country.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Clootie Well, Munlochy Scotland
Visit this atmospheric ancient healing well and see if it cures your ills !
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Old High St Stephen's Church, Church Street, Inverness IV1 1EY Scotland
This site was used as a prison and place of execution for prisoners siezed after the battle of Culloden
Duration: 10 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- My tours are not done according to my schedule, they are done at your pace and to your specification. We can exclude, add or do anything with this tour that you choose, it is your tour and I will simply help you enjoy your day out in the Highlands
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Complimentary multi user WiFi is included where reception is available
- Collection and drop are off from the location of your choice is included.
- Water and snacks carried in the vehicle are included.
- Bottled water
- Culloden Battlefield is free to visit however there is a visitor experience and museum which charges an entrance fee - I can also source these tickets at short notice at cost price - helps to avoid lines
- Whilst good views can be had of Urquhart Castle from the area overlooking , to get close up to the Castle involves payment of an entry fee. Cancellation policies make this unfeasible to obtain these in advance however, I can obtain tickets at cost at short notice - just text or phone me to let me know the day before.
- Dinner - Meals required are not included however your driver will help to identify a suitable venue as you require
- Entry/Admission - Urquhart Castle
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from Port of Invergordon just at the point where pedestrians exit the Cruise Terminal
7 to 8 hours
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Highland-Excursions in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
14-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operator's terms and conditions for this offer here.