Mull, Skye & The Hebrides This is the ultimate Scottish experience. An all-encompassing adventure, this tour introduces you to almost everything Scotland has to offer. See islands, highlands and everything in between. Lose yourself in the history and beauty of this wonderful country.Highlights1. Mull& Iona2. Eilean Donan Castle* & Skye3. Loch Ness4. Callanish Standing Stones* & Iron Age Carloway Broch5. Culloden Battlefield & whisky distillery
What You'll Get
• Departing from Edinburgh we go to Glasgow to meet the rest of our group, we then visit Loch Lomond and the Rest and Be Thankful Pass, before stopping at Inveraray to photograph the Clan Campbell castle. We drive north to Oban, home to some of the freshest seafood in Scotland. We’ll then jump aboard our ferry and take the short journey to Craignure, Mull and then north to the colourful fishing port of Tobermory.
• We’ll take a stunning drive, covering the length of the island to Fionnphort. We’ll catch the ferry from here as foot passengers to the tiny island of Iona. Just 3 miles from north to south, this sacred island is a wonderful place to spend an afternoon in peace and tranquillity. You can visit Iona Abbey and Nunnery*, founded by St Columba in 563, and its museum of Celtic heritage and history. Or take one of many excellent walks.
• On day three we’ll take a ferry from Fishnish to Lochaline. We’ll drive through the remote Glen Geal and take another short ferry over to Corran. Have time in Glen Coe and join a new group of traveling companions and meet your new driver-guide. You will then get views of Ben Nevis and have time to visit Eilean Donan Castle, before crossing the bridge to Skye.
• Enjoy a full day exploring the Isle of Skye with your driver-guide and enjoy sights such as the craggy Cuillin Mountains, Trotternish Peninsula, Kilt Rock, The Old Man of Storr and the Iron Age Dun Beag Broch. Portree is your lunch time stop. You will be able to try an array of different whiskies before returning to your overnight accommodation.
• Say goodbye to your group and have a day next to Loch Ness. You’ll have a full day to explore Fort Augustus. You’ll enjoy a relaxing cruise with Cruise Loch Ness and light lunch. On this day you will leave your Skye driver-guide and meet your new driver-guide on Day 6.
• Travel to Inverness then to Dunrobin Castle*, most northerly of Scotland's great houses. After you will discover Knockan Crag National Nature Reserve and learn about the oldest landscapes in Europe. Your journey will take on to the seaside town of Ullapool where you will ferry to the Isles of Lewis and Harris.
• Stornoway is your base for exploring Lewis and Harris. After you'll go to the north and visit the Butt of Lewis lighthouse before visiting the Callanish Standing Stones and Carloway Broch.
• Spend a day exploring Harris. You'll visit the main port Tarbert and travel west to look across the Sound of Taransay, then visit Harris' most famous beach Luskentyre. We'll leave at the end of the day back to the mainland.
• Head home from Inverness and visit the battlefield of Culloden*, the site of the defeat of the Jacobite forces. Enjoy a dram of whisky*. Finally pass through the Cairngorm mountains and explore the town of Pitlochry.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 3 years - Children under 3 years not accepted
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Hotel option - Skye accommodation will be 2 nights Superior B&B
- Most travelers can participate
- Luggage Restrictions: Maximum weight: 15kg. Maximum size: 55cm x 40cm x 20cm per person plus small carry on
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 32 travelers
- Professional driver-guide
- Transportation on a mini-coach with air-conditioning
- Accommodation: 2 nights Tobermory, 2 nights Skye, 1 night Fort Augustus, 2 nights Stornoway, 1 night Inverness
- 8 breakfasts
- All ferry transfers
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Highland Experience Tours, 1 Parliament Square, Royal Mile, Edinburgh EH1 1RE, UK
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Highland Experience Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
14-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operator's terms and conditions for this offer here.