Escape the city for the day by coach and follow in the footsteps of the world’s most famous wizard, Harry Potter. Scotland has played a huge part in the story of Harry Potter, from the scenic filming locations and inspiring architecture to the coffee shop where J.K. Rowling is said to have written the first novel.
Riding the Jacobite Steam Train is a bucket-list experience for any traveller, but even more so for Harry Potter fans who know that they are in fact boarding the Hogwarts’ Express! Our passionate guides will immerse you in all the magic of Harry Potter, plus the real-life beauty and history of Scotland.
Disclaimer: This Tour is an unlicensed and unauthorised tour of sites related to the Harry Potter franchise. This tour does not have any association with, connection to, sponsorship by or endorsement of, the Harry Potter franchise nor the author J.K. Rowling.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Forth Bridge, North Queensferry KY11 1HP Scotland
Depart the city and journey north towards the Highlands, past the magnificent Forth Bridge
Stop At: Dunkeld, Dunkeld, Perth and Kinross, Scotland
Enjoy a stop to stretch your legs in the beautiful town of Dunkeld.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Spean Bridge, Spean Bridge, Lochaber, Scottish Highlands, Scotland
Stop in the Highland town of Spean Bridge and view the Commando Memorial which overlooks the Nevis Mountain range.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Mallaig, Mallaig, Lochaber, Scottish Highlands, Scotland
Spend some time exploring this quaint fishing town, maybe even sample some seafood for lunch, before boarding the Jacobite Steam Train
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Glenfinnan Viaduct, Glenfinnan Lodge A830 Rd, Glenfinnan PH37 4LT Scotland
Riding the Jacobite Steam Train is a bucket-list experience for any traveller, but even more so for Harry Potter fans who know that they are in fact boarding the Hogwarts’ Express!
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Glencoe, Glencoe, Scottish Highlands, Scotland
Visit Scotland’s most dramatic landscape, Glencoe, which was used as the backdrop for some much-loved scenes in Harry Potter. Your guide will also regale you with the real, heart-breaking history of the glen.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: The Green Welly Stop, Main Street, Tyndrum, Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park Scotland
One last stop in the Highlands - make sure to take this chance to stock up on souvenirs and tasty treats!
Duration: 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- We are unable to carry children under 5 on our tours
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Jacobite Steam Train trip
- Local Scottish Guide
- Entry/Admission - Glenfinnan Viaduct
- Food and drink
- Hotel pick-up or drop off
Highland Explorer Tours, 60 High St, Edinburgh EH1 1TB, UK
13 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Highland Explorer Tours Ltd in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.