You will not find this Tour available anywhere else... this tour has been specificaly designed by Johnny to show off the Beautiful North East coast of the highlands en-route to Dunrobin Castle, home of the Dukes of Sutherland.
Following this route from Invergordon or Inverness heading north we will visit areas very few visitors ever get to see.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Struie Hill, Tain IV19 1LD, UK
The Struie viewpoint - known to the locals as Millionaires View - over the Dornoch Firth will take your breath away. It is said that Andrew Carnegie who was a Scottish-American industrialist, business magnate, and philanthropist would bring his (Rich/famous) guests to this viewpoint which led to it being know to the locals as 'Millionaire's View'
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Dornoch Cathedral, High Street, Dornoch IV25 3SH Scotland
Sitting on the edge of the Dornoch Firth, the small historic town of Dornoch boasts a tranquil location, stunning scenery and sunny climate. This thriving community sits on the east coast of the north Highlands that runs from the Moray Firth up to Sutherland. It is blessed with a particularly sunny climate thanks to its sheltered position, and has miles of golden sand beaches. The beach stretches from Dornoch Point heading past Embo beach to the mouth of Loch Fleet National Nature Reserve. Adjacent to the beach is a Site of Special Scientific Interest that features nesting birds, flora and fauna. And for those keen golfers, tee-off on the Royal Dornoch championship course, ranked 13th in the world.! The coast is also a favourite with wildlife such as seals and a sizeable population of both breeding and wintering birds.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Loch Fleet National Nature Reserve, Golspie IV25 3JD Scotland
Leaving Dornoch we will travel toward Dunrobin Castle via a single track route round the side of loch Fleet where we will glimpse some of the wildlife that inhabit the nature reserve including seals, otters and maybe even an osprey
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Dunrobin Castle and Gardens, Golspie KW10 6SF Scotland
We stop here for entry to the Castle, Castle Gardens and Falconry Display. Dunrobin Castle is the most northerly of Scotland's great houses and the largest in the Northern Highlands with 189 rooms. The Castle is also one of Britain's oldest continuously inhabited houses dating back to the early 1300s, home to the Earls and later, the Dukes of Sutherland. The Castle, which resembles a French château with its towering conical spires, has seen the architectural influences of Sir Charles Barry, who designed London’s Houses of Parliament, and Scotland’s own Sir Robert Lorimer. The Castle was used as a naval hospital during the First World War and as a boys’ boarding school from 1965 to 1972. Dunrobin Castle is on the east coast of the Northern Highlands overlooking the Moray Firth, just north of the villages of Golspie and Dornoch (famous for its cathedral and Royal Dornoch Golf Club)The falconry display is awesome and you will be amazed at the display they do for you in the beautiful gardens. A trip well worth taking.
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- The Bus has been fitted professionally with a perspect screen between driver and passengers to comply with covid rules.
- Bottled water
- Personal Local Guide
- Entry/Admission - Dunrobin Castle and Gardens
Scottish Conservatives, 4a Ardross St, Inverness IV3 5NN, UK
Traveler pickup is offered
Johnny is happy to collect from all Hotels, Guest Houses and B&B's within the marked area around Inverness
- Inverness Airport, Inverness Scotland
Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 10/16/2019 - 7/19/2023
|Monday - Saturday:||08:00 AM - 06:00 PM|
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Highland Premium Travel in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.