Hampton Court Palace, the home of England's most notorious king Henry VIII, has tales of ghosts, executions and his 6 wives! Perfect if you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of central London, Hampton Court has something to please all the family. There are two palaces to look round, Henry VIII's built in the 1500s and a second palace built for William III at the end of the 1600s. In addition to the two magnificent palaces, there are stunning gardens to look round and a chance to see the complicated game of real tennis in action! Oh and of course, for the young and young at heart, there's the world famous Maze!
Tours last between 2-3 hours and start at 10.30 a.m.. The meeting place is outside the West Front Gatehouse. The tour price is for the whole tour and is in addition to the palace entry fee.
This is a private tour for your group only and allows you to customise it to your liking. Do check out my 'Excellent' Trip Advisor reviews.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hampton Court Palace, A308, East Molesey KT8 9AU England
There is so much to see at Hampton Court! The main attraction is Henry VIII's palace including his magnificent Great Hall, the vast kitchens and the eerie Haunted Gallery where the ghost of one of Henry's wives has taken up residence; but there is a second palace at Hampton Court, that built for William III. A ceremonial staircase leads up to William's state apartments where there is a huge collection of weaponry, exquisite furnishings, a couple of optical illusions and some very peculiar etiquettes! There is the real tennis court and usually someone is either practising or playing a match so it is possible to see this fascinating game in action. As well as the palaces, there are 60 acres of beautiful gardens to explore including the great grapevine, the largest and oldest productive grapevine in the world. When the tour has finished, you might want to find your way to the middle of the world famous Maze!
Duration: 3 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- When your booking is confirmed, you will receive contact details for me (Sandy) your guide for this tour. My aim is to give you the best experience you could possibly have so if you have any special requests, be sure to tell me what they are! If you need to go at a slower pace, or stop for a break midway through the tour, that will be fine with me.
- The tour will last between 2-3 hours depending on what walking pace you set and the number of questions you ask - the tour is flexible and allows you to customise your visit.
- The tour will cover roughly 2 miles in total.
- The tour will go ahead come rain or shine so please don't be put off by the weather. Do wear comfortable shoes and clothing and, if needs be, bring waterproofs and an umbrella.
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Visitors must be able to cope with stairs and so this tour is not suitable for anyone with serious medical conditions and back problems.
- Near public transportation
- When you turn into the palace grounds from the main road, follow the driveway with grassy stretches on either side and I will meet you at the end of the drive in front of the West Front Gatehouse
- Tours start at 10.30 a.m.
- If you need directions to travel to Hampton Court from your hotel, do contact me on +44 7715 381712
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- I will wash my hands before meeting my customers and will have hand sanitizer with me for my use and also that of my customers. I suggest visitors bring paper towel to dry hands after a toilet stop. Sadly, no handshakes! I will try to maintain social distancing throughout. I am double vaccinated..
- A fun and experienced professional, local guide, accredited by the ITG and University of Westminster
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Cost of entry tickets to Hampton Court Palace
- Entry/Admission - Hampton Court Palace
64 Hampton Ct Way, Molesey, East Molesey KT8 9AU, UK
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Hobnob Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.