Hadrian’s Wall, a UNESCO world heritage site, marks the frontier of the Roman Empire. The frontier extended for 80 Roman miles and covered many landscapes. On this half-day tour, we’ll focus on the fort at the east end of the wall: Segedunum. The fort is home to fantastic reconstructions of the Roman way of life, allowing you to learn up-close about this fantastic, ruthless yet creative culture that conquered much of the known world.
We will start the tour at the fort of Segedunum - now called Wallsend. Following this we’ll go to the Great North Museum in Newcastle, which has one of the largest collections of Roman artefacts in the North of Britain.
This tour is great for those who love history and wish to discover more about the Romans in urban Newcastle and Tyneside.
Please contact us for details of solo traveler bookings.
What 3 Words starting location: ///rocky.move.wide
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Segedunum Roman Fort and Museum, 2 Buddle Street, Wallsend NE28 6EH England
Discover the start of Hadrian's Wall
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: The Great North Museum, Hancock Museum Great North Road Barras Bridge, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4PT England
See the story of the wall through fantastic archaeological finds
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- We require a contact Mobile/cell phone for all customers to contact you on the day of your tour. This will ensure we can inform you of changes to meeting point or other information prior to your tour.
- Please contact us about any disabilities your group may have. We are able to customise tours for wheelchair and vision impairment
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Due to COVID-19 we ask all customers to maintain social distancing as per the United Kingdom Government guidelines
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Local Forts and museums
- Entry/Admission - Segedunum Roman Fort and Museum
- Food and drinks
Great North Road, B1318, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1, UK
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Iles Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.