Hadrian’s Wall, a UNESCO world heritage site, marks the frontier of the Roman Empire. The frontier extended for 80 Roman miles and covered many landscapes. On this half-day tour, we’ll focus on the fort at the east end of the wall: Segedunum. The fort is home to fantastic reconstructions of the Roman way of life, allowing you to learn up-close about this fantastic, ruthless yet creative culture that conquered much of the known world.
We will start the tour at the fort of Segedunum - now called Wallsend. Following this we’ll go to the Great North Museum in Newcastle, which has one of the largest collections of Roman artefacts in the North of Britain.
This tour is great for those who love history and wish to discover more about the Romans in urban Newcastle and Tyneside.
What 3 Words starting location: ///rocky.move.wide
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Segedunum Roman Fort and Museum, 2 Buddle Street, Wallsend NE28 6EH England
Discover the start of Hadrian's Wall
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: The Great North Museum, Hancock Museum Great North Road Barras Bridge, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4PT England
See the story of the wall through fantastic archaeological finds
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- We require a contact Mobile/cell phone for all customers to contact you on the day of your tour. This will ensure we can inform you of changes to meeting point or other information prior to your tour.
- Please contact us about any disabilities your group may have. We are able to customise tours for wheelchair and vision impairment
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Local Forts and museums
- Entry/Admission - Segedunum Roman Fort and Museum
- Food and drinks
3 hours 30 minutes
Great North Road, B1318, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1, UK
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Iles Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
14-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operator's terms and conditions for this offer here.