Starting as a Roman fort and growing to become one of the major cities of the Industrial Revolution, Newcastle has a fantastic story to tell. You’ll hear all the best bits on this three-hour guided walk of Newcastle, while visiting many of the city’s most significant sites. We’ll take you inside the Cathedral Church of St. Nicholas and then Newcastle’s Castle – both parts of the historic core of the city.
Built in 1080 by one of the sons of William the Conqueror, Newcastle’s castle has defended against Scottish attacks, including a failed assault by William Wallace (of Braveheart fame). St. Nicholas Cathedral church is first mentioned in 1092 and developed as the primary parish in Newcastle.
This tour is a great way to immerse yourself in the history and sights of Newcastle, to discover how the city has changed the world.
Please contact us for details of solo traveler bookings.
What 3 Words starting location: ///rotate.angel.monks
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Grey's Monument, 26 Grey Street, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 6AE England
The starting point of our tour. Discover our city's history of fighting injustice and the history of Earl Grey's Tea.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: St James' Park, 1 Barrack Road Strawberry Place, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 4SE England
The home of the 'Toon Army' Newcastle United football club.
Duration: 5 minutes
Pass By: The Newcastle Town Wall, Orchard Street, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 5EF England
See the ancient walls of Newcastle that protected the city from the Scots for centuries.
Stop At: Blackfriars Medieval Friary, Friars Street Newcastle, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 4XN England
Learn about the Blackfriars Friary in Newcastle and their care for the local people, as well as the craft and merchant guilds who purchased the site.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Grainger Market, Grainger Street, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 5QQ England
This 19th century covered market is a thriving part of Newcastle and a hidden gem not to be missed.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Newcastle Castle, The Black Gate Castle Garth Castle Garth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 1RQ England
We will enter and your guide will give a detailed tour of Newcastle's Castle.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- We require a contact Mobile/cell phone for all customers to contact you on the day of your tour. This will ensure we can inform you of changes to meeting point or other information prior to your tour.
- For customers joining us from cruises from the port of Tyne please use the Metro System and take the metro to the 'Monument' metro stop, this is where the tour begins.
- Please contact us about any disabilities your group may have. We are able to customise tours for wheelchair and vision impairment
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Due to COVID-19 we ask all customers to maintain social distancing as per the United Kingdom Government guidelines
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- For all other COVID-19 information please visit our website:
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - Newcastle Castle
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - St James' Park
- Entry/Admission - Blackfriars Medieval Friary
Castle Garth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 1RQ, UK
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Iles Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.