Journey through England's spectacular countryside on this small group day tour from London. We'll visit mysterious Stonehenge to unlock the secrets of this prehistoric stone circle, continuing on to the elegant city of Bath with its beautiful terraces and squares, amazing Roman ruins and hot springs. We then journey down narrow lanes through the delightful Cotswolds and the Mediaeval village of Lacock for a guided walk.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Stonehenge, Amesbury SP4 7DE England
Your private Stonehenge, Glastonbury & Avebury trip begins with collection from your London or Heathrow address. We can collect from your hotel lobby, air bnb, airport arrival terminal, train station, guest house or private address. With your professional driver, you'll then journey West to prehistoric Stonehenge, lying majestically among the chalk uplands of historic Wessex. The complex monument has enthralled and allured historians and tourists alike for centuries. Admire its powerful presence, then take some time to experience the visitor centre where you can learn of the building methods and theories behind the existence of the stone circle.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Bath, Bath, Somerset, England
Bath has been a popular city for for thousands of years, owing to the hot springs that bubble up to the surface at several locations in the city. At a constant temperature of 46.5C, the only warm springs in the country, it isn't surprising that the Romans developed their resort of Aqua Sulis here 2,000 years ago! The city was beautifully re-invented in the 18th century and became a centre for high society, which you'll see in the elegant crescents, squares and terraces, built for the Georgian elite. See the Roman Temple, and original Roman pavement. Take some time for lunch in one of the elegant tea rooms, and try a famous Sally Lunn bread bun.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Lacock, Lacock, Wiltshire, England
Your driver will then take you into the limestone hills of the Cotswolds for a scenic journey via the country roads, which our smaller vehicles navigate with ease, before stopping in the Medieval village of Lacock. This picture perfect village, owned by the National Trust, boasts an ancient barn, village lock up and 15th century church, not to mention an array of beautiful cottages. Owing to the delightul surroundings Lacock has been used as a backdrop for many TV and film productions such as Harry Potter, Cranford, Pride and Prejudice and the recent Downton Abbey movie.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Avebury Stone Circle, Herepath Marlborough, Avebury SN8 1RF England
Your final stop of the day features a pretty village of thatched cottages, nestled right in the middle of the largest stone circle in Britain! After some time to explore and take photos of this picturesque village, your private day trip concludes, and you will be returned to London.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Infants must sit on laps
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- COVID19 - All vehicles are deep cleaned daily, hand sanitisers and face masks available in all vehicles.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- 50% of all available seats will be left empty to ensure customer space and distancing.
- Drop off at London & Heathrow hotels, air bnbs, guest houses and private addresses.
- Fully refundable and amendable up until 28 days before travel
- Pick up from London & Heathrow hotels, air bnbs, guest houses and private addresses.
- Private Guide
- Travel by executive private vehicle
- Entry to attractions
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Stonehenge
- Entry/Admission - Avebury Stone Circle
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up from central London hotels, B&Bs, AirBnB & guest houses, and Heathrow hotels & terminals.
- Heathrow Airport, Hounslow TW6 England
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the International Friends in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.