Follow your guide Paul, along the streets of HIS Edinburgh. After training for several months, he has researched and designed a tour that is uplifting and inspiring in equal measures. Leith was made infamous in by Irvine Welsh's Novel, and Danny Boyle's seminal 90's movie"Trainspotting". Historic accounts of a district once outside the limits of the city of Edinburgh's walls are delivered by Leith local Paul Stewart. The history of Leith tour discusses its' significance to the Jacobites, Bonnie Prince Charlie, Mary Queen of Scots and Queen Victoria.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Leith, Edinburgh EH6 Scotland
Paul, an Edinburgh local, will give you a tour of Leith, a buzzing port district located in the northern part of the city which is rich in local history.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Beware: to reflect the films and books "Trainspotting" some of the language may not be appropriate for younger audiences.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- By taking this tour, you are supporting Invisible Cities- a global social enterprise that trains people who have been affected to become walking tour guides of their own city.
- Food and drinks As mentioned, Paul is happy to answer questions after the tour. The tour ends at a local business where you will be welcomed to enjoy their hospitality.
1 Duke St, Edinburgh EH6 8HX, UK
60 to 90 minutes
Customs Wharf, Leith, Edinburgh EH6, UK
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Invisible Cities in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.