Follow your guide Paul, along the streets of HIS Edinburgh. After training for several months, he has researched and designed a tour that is uplifting and inspiring in equal measures. Leith was made infamous in by Irvine Welsh’s Novel, and Danny Boyle’s seminal 90’s movie”Trainspotting”. Historic accounts of a district once outside the limits of the city of Edinburgh’s walls are delivered by Leith local Paul Stewart. The history of Leith tour discusses its’ significance to the Jacobites, Bonnie Prince Charlie, Mary Queen of Scots and Queen Victoria.
What You'll Get
Paul, an Edinburgh local, will give you a tour of Leith, a buzzing port district located in the northern part of the city which is rich in local history. Immerse yourself in the vibrant cultural worlds of Leith and Shore, two of Edinburgh’s most famous neighborhoods while you listen to to Paul’s own story detailing his life growing up and living in Leith. Learn about the history of the “Trainspotting Generation,” the young people who were affected by the area’s pervasive heroin addiction issue through Paul’s passionate explanation of literature and films surrounding the topic. Your adventure will begin at the NewKirkgate, one of the oldest streets in the district where you will learn about the most iconic buildings in Leith and progress as Paul brings alive the stories of Leith’s most famous characters, guiding you through your truly unique experience of some of Edinburgh’s most historic and colourful areas.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Beware: to reflect the films and books "Trainspotting" some of the language may not be appropriate for younger audiences.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- By taking this tour, you are supporting Invisible Cities- a global social enterprise that trains people who have been affected to become walking tour guides of their own city.
- Food and drinks As mentioned, Paul is happy to answer questions after the tour. The tour ends at a local business where you will be welcomed to enjoy their hospitality.
Meet by Queen Victoria Statue, The NewKirkgate, Edinburgh.
There you will be greeted by our guide Paul.
10am, 12 (midday) 1pm
60 to 75 minutes
This tour ends at Custom Lane the Shore where you are encouraged to enjoy a coffee. Paul is happy to direct you and share his local knowledge of Edinburgh afterwards should you require directions.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Invisible Cities in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
14-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operator's terms and conditions for this offer here.