Journey through the Scottish countryside and discover our rugged glens, brilliant mountain scenery and historic Scottish castles. We will visit the famous Inveraray castle which is the seat of the Campbell clan, and then take a short walk over to the 19th century jail where you will experience what real life was like for real men, women and children who were tried and locked up.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Inveraray Castle, Inveraray PA32 8XE Scotland
Departing your port in Greenock we will travel north and soon arrive at the shores of Loch Lomond at the picturesque village of Luss. Gaze over the shimmering Loch Lomond, which is Scotland’s largest fresh water loch, and enjoy the views of our most southerly Munroe, Ben Lomond.
We will then journey through the Arrochar Alps and make a stop at the ‘Rest and be Thankful’. The mountain pass was given this name by the weary road workers who built the pass in 1753. Here we can stop and enjoy the stunning views of Glen Croe before setting off towards Inveraray.
Inveraray is a picturesque fishing village built around the same time as the famous Inveraray castle in the 18th century. We will make a visit to the castle which is the seat of the Campbell clan. Walk through the romantic castle gardens before taking a tour through the castle itself and discover the Armoury and tapestry rooms. We will then have lunch at the famous ‘George Hotel’ before stepping into the 19th century ‘Inveraray jail’. Experience what life was like for the 19th century prisoners and explore the atmospheric historic buildings at your leisure and meet the costumed characters who animate the past in this unique living museum.
When your tour will end, your driver will then drive you back to your port.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Luss Pier, Luss, Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park Scotland
Enjoy the views of Loch Lomond from the iconic village of Luss.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Inveraray Jail, Church Square, Inveraray PA32 8TX Scotland
Find out what life was like on an interactive tour of the old town Jail.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Rest and be Thankful, A83, Arrochar, Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park G83 7AD Scotland
Enjoy the stunning views of Glen Croe from the Rest and be Thankful viewpoint.
Duration: 10 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- We are currently working on our Covid 19 health and safety protocol to keep you safe as soon as we can welcome you back in Scotland. We have our "Good to Go" certification and are ready for your visit to our beautiful country.
- Bottled water
- Alcoholic Beverages - A dram of whisky
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Visitor attractions.
- Entry/Admission - Inveraray Castle
- Entry/Admission - Inveraray Jail
Cruise Terminal, 2 Campbell St, Greenock PA16 8BW, UK
Traveler pickup is offered
Your guide will meet you at the port terminal gates before your tour starts.
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Alba Experiences in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.