The Scottish Highlands are without doubt some of the most beautiful landscapes in the world. Come with us today as we travel through the gorgeous Glencoe valley and listen to legendary Scottish tales.An experience packed with history and beauty, this tour is perfect for those travelers that are short on time and want to see as much of Scotland as possible.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: George Square, George and St. Vincent Sts., Glasgow Scotland
We can pick you up from your accommodation in Glasgow.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: St Andrew Square, George Street, Edinburgh Scotland
We can pick you up from your acommodation in Edinburgh.
• The Village of Luss - We will leave your accommodation and drive towards the stunning Trossach National Park where we will stop at the historical village called Luss. Gaze over the shimmering Loch Lomond, which is Scotland’s largest fresh water loch, and enjoy the views of our most southerly Munroe, Ben Lomond.
• Rannoch Moor and Glencoe - Crossover the ancient national fault line and travel into the highlands where the landscapes change dramatically. This is where we first catch a glimpse of the Rannoch Moor, which is covered in heather, lochans and peatbogs. You will also enjoy stunning views of the Black Mount and the Buachaille Etive Mor.
We then head through Scotland’s most famous valley, Glencoe. Feel history come alive when we tell the tales of the massacre of the Macdonald clan, which took place in 1692. This is where we will stop for our lunch stop at the award winning Clachaig Inn.
• Castle Stalker - After lunch, we will then travel south towards the shores of Loch Linnhe and enjoy the views of the impregnable Castle Stalker. This was once the historical home of the Lord of Lorn, John Stewart.
• Kilchurn castle - Passing by glens and lochs, we will soon approach our second castle of the day, Kilchurn castle, which sits on the banks of Loch Awe. This was once home to the mighty clan Campbell of Glenorchy.
Duration: 10 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Dram of whisky
- Hotel pick up and drop off
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick up can be arranged with tour operator before tour starts.
9 to 10 hours
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Alba Experiences in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
14-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operator's terms and conditions for this offer here.