This tour is a must for every fan of the hit TV show Outlander and is a bucket list-moment to get to visit the sets of your favourite show. Relive the books, walk in the footsteps of Jamie and Claire, and explore ancient castles and little villages that have not been changed since the 16th century. Meet the friendly locals and enjoy homemade cuisine from a family run tearoom in Falkland.A massive fan of the hit TV show, your tour guide for the day has actually appeared in Season 3 & 4 of Outlander so has lots of inside knowledge. We look forward to sharing this experience with you and giving you a day you will never forget. Haste Ye Back!
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: George Square, George and St. Vincent Sts., Glasgow Scotland
Your guide can pick you up from your accommodation in Glasgow or Edinburgh.
• Doune Castle - Leaving your accommodation, we will soon be arriving at our first film location in the Outlander series, Doune castle that was the site for castle Leoch. This impressive 14th century building is heaped with history and is one of Scotlands most famous film locations. Free audio guides are also available to tell you how the castle was used in Outlander narrated by Sam Heughan.
• Drummond Castle - We then take the short trip north to Drummond Castle, which was used for the gardens of Versailles in Outlander. Drummond Castle Gardens is one of Europe’s and Scotland’s most important and impressive formal gardens that date back to the 17th century.
• Falkland - We will take the short drive up to Falkland, which was the site for the 1940’s Inverness scenes in season 1. Walk through this charming village and you will instantly recognise Mrs Baird’s guesthouse and Jamie’s fountain.
• Midhope Castle - Midhope castle is an essential for every Outlander fan as it was the site for Jamie’s home Lallybroch. Walk around the courtyard and remember some of the most iconic scenes from Outlander.
• Linlithgow Palace - We will then finish our day at Linlithgow Palace, which was the site for the Wentworth prison scenes. Linlithgow Palace was a royal pleasure palace where Mary Queen of Scots was born. Walk through one of the most spectacular ruins in Scotland and follow in the footsteps of royalty.
• We will then drive you back to your accommodation.
Duration: 9 hours
Stop At: St Andrew Square, George Street, Edinburgh Scotland
Your guide can pick you up from your accommodation in Edinburgh or Glasgow.
Duration: 5 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Dram of whisky
- Private tour
- Visitor attractions
- Entry/Admission - George Square
Traveler pickup is offered
Client can organise with tour operator for pick up location.
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Alba Experiences in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
14-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operator's terms and conditions for this offer here.