Mary, Queen of Scots is the most famous of all the Scottish Monarchs. Her reign was marred by troubled marriages, betrayal and treason. Follow in her footsteps to some of Scotland’s most iconic attractions, all of which played a pivotal role in her life.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: George Square, George and St. Vincent Sts., Glasgow Scotland
Your guide can pick you up from your accommodation in Glasgow.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: St Andrew Square, George Street, Edinburgh Scotland
Your guide can pick you up from your accommodation in Edinburgh.
• Linlithgow Palace - We will leave your accommodation and visit Linlithgow Palace, which was the royal pleasure palace where Mary was born. Walk through one the most spectacular ruins in Scotland and follow the footsteps of royalty.
• Stirling Castle - We then make way for Stirling castle where Mary was crowned Queen of Scotland when she was just 9 months old and was a frequent visitor during her adult reign. Following a major refurbishment project by Historic Scotland, visitors can now see the queen’s palace much as it may have looked like during the 1540’s, when the child Queen Mary was its most important resident.
• Craigmillar castle - We will then travel towards Craigmillar Castle and admire the views of our nations’ capital Edinburgh from the castle ramparts. Craigmillar castle was a favourite retreat for the young Queen, although much more troublesome for her husband Lord Darnley who’s death was plotted here by her nobles.
• Holyrood Palace - We will then finish the day at the beautiful Holyrood Palace. Explore Mary Queen of Scots’ historic apartments, the setting for many dramatic episodes in her short reign. The Palace is where Mary married her second husband Lord Darnley in the Palace Chapel, and witnessed the murder of her secretary, Rizzio, by her jealous husband in 1566.
Duration: 9 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Dram of whisky
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Attraction entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - St Andrew Square
Traveler pickup is offered
Clients can organise with tour operator about hotel pick up or other options.
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Alba Experiences in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
14-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operator's terms and conditions for this offer here.