Experience a beautiful and private day trip to Sir Winston Churchill’s family home, Chartwell.
Avoid London's heavy traffic and save time and costs. Enjoy a scenic drive from Bromley through the English countryside before arriving at Chartwell. (Bromley South Station is less than 20 minutes’ direct train ride from London Victoria, covered by zone 5 Oyster cards or Travelcards).
Walk around this magnificent home where Churchill lived and worked. Admire the beautiful scenery which inspired much of his paintings. See the desk where he wrote many of his famous speeches and Nobel-prize-winning books. Stroll around the house discovering the treasures which create an intimate insight of Churchill and his family.
The many historical photos and paintings which adorn the walls will provide you with a close and personal insight on the great statesman’s friends, values and family.
Time for lunch or tea on-site.
N.B. Restricted opening during winter months. Please enquire for information.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chartwell Mapleton Road, Westerham TN16 1PS England
Private Trip to Beautiful Chartwell, Kent, England
Duration: 3 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- John England Tours is certified as ‘Good To Go’ & ‘Safe Travels.' - Industry-standards by VisitEngland and the World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC) assuring visitors businesses have clear processes and are following tourism and Government COVID-19 safety guidance. << Fully vaccinated.>>
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entrance tickets
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Fuel - Return journey to Chartwell from Bromley South Station
- No tour fee for kids 10 years and under. (Must be accompanied by a relative 21+ years old).
- Entry/Admission - Chartwell
- Audio guides
- Hotel pick-up
- Meals and beverages
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the John England Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.