The northern Cotswolds is considered the prettiest part of the region by many because of its golden coloured limestone villages and hump backed hills. Chipping Campden and Broadway are two of the larger towns in the north, while Stanton and Snowshill are two small, residential villages. Broadway Tower is the highest point in the Cotswolds and offers magnificent views over the countryside. Some lovely hidden gems here.
What You'll Get
March - October: 1-4 people - £450, 5-8 people - £550
November - February: 1-4 people - £295, 5-8 people - £350
Start/Finish 9am-5pm or 10am-6pm (eight hours including one hour for lunch)
Private vehicle and personal driver guide
Some driving, some walking - suitable for all- includes private vehicle and personal driver guide
- involves driving and walking (about 10,000 steps in a day for you fitbit enthusiasts)
- at each location your guide will show you highlights and things you may otherwise miss, then you'll have time to explore for yourself
- good mix of towns, villages, countryside, shops, tea rooms and pubs
- one hour for lunch (not included in price but can be added when booking), otherwise your guide will show you to the nearest best place for yummies
- good chance of meeting locals and kooky folks.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Q: What kind of vehicle will we be in? A: Most tours are conducted in a VW Transporter, which is an 8 seat passenger van with plenty of room. Room for 10 suitcases as well as passengers. Please do not bring pianos. Q: What should I bring and what should I wear? A: Just the essentials; camera, credit cards, children, etc. plenty of places to buy whatever you need on the tour. In the winter wear layers, in the summer wear something light. bring a rain jacket. If you carry an umbrella, it will never rain. That's the rule. Q: What happens on the tours? A: We'll guide you around the Cotswolds by car and on foot; towns, villages and countryside. While we're in the vehicle we'll stick to the back roads, take the pretty route and appreciate the scenery. When we stop in each location we'll show some highlights, help you orientate, then give you time to explore for yourself. Q: Will I need travel insurance? A: We are fully insured but we strongly recommend you provide your own travel insurance. Q: Is lunch provided? A: It is not included in the tour price. An hour is allocated for lunch and we will show you the best, nearest place when it's time. Alternatively you can add lunch as an extra when making your booking. Always let us know about dietary requirements or allergies as far in advance as possible. Q: Where do tours start and finish? A: We have no fixed start or finish points. We are based on the north east side of the Cotswolds and collect from a wide area around there as part of a normal tour package. Start and finish points included in the price can be viewed here. However, we can collect and drop you off anywhere in the UK. Q: Who will our guide be? A: Could be me. Could be Steve or Jamie. You might get Colin or Alastair. Maybe even Andy. Edwin makes the occasional appearance. They're all good. I'm the funniest, definitely. Q: Can I take pictures? A: Absolutely. Normal rules apply: always ask if you can take someone's picture, turn flash off when inside churches and old buildings, be prepared for people tutting loudly around you if you use selfie sticks. Q: Are locals ok with us staring at them in their gardens and houses? A: Well, not staring, no. And please don't peer in through people's windows. Looking is just fine. Cotswoldians are proud of their houses, their gardens and their towns and villages. They understand visitors wanting to look and appreciate. You might even get invited inside - just be prepared to eat lots of scones.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- pickup and drop-off within the Cotswolds
- private transport
- your own personal driver/guide
- Food and drinks
If coming from London by train then Moreton in Marsh is recommended start location. However, we can pick up from anywhere in the north Cotswolds. Please enquire if unsure
Drop-off location of your choice within Cotswolds.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Kooky Cotswold Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.