This is a cycle tour you won’t find anywhere else. I shall take you where other tourists will not know about. There are other cycle tours in Edinburgh, but as this is a private tour, you will be able to go at your own pace, ask as many questions as you like and take numerous photos without pressure of being rushed. You will only be with your guide and your personal group. This tour requires you to be able to cycle for a maximum distance of 20 miles with regular stops and at a slow -steady pace.
What You'll Get
We shall make sure that your bikes are fitted comfortably before heading through The Meadows. Cycle path all the way onto The Union Canal passing canal boats, original 19th Century bridges and rowers out training.
We drop down onto a cycle ramp taking us on The Water of Leith. This is a beautiful walkway/cycle path passing under aqueducts, allotments, the rejuvenated Saughton Park with original Bandstand.
Passing Scotland's National Rugby Stadium - Murrayfield.
We continue towards Dean Village which is a World Heritage site. See Thomas Telfer's bridge and the original Edinburgh School Board house.
Leith is now on the horizon and we shall stop for a refreshment right beside the famous harbour. We continue further round heading towards Portobello Beach where you see shall Fife over the Firth of Forth Estuary.
Our final landmark is the impressive 1860 built 'Innocent Tunnel' railway path taking us underneath Holyrood Park bringing us out close the The Meadows again.
• Water of Leith Walkway, 24 Lanark Road, Edinburgh EH14 1TQ Scotland
• BT Murrayfield Stadium, Murrayfield 110 Roseburn Street, Edinburgh EH12 5PH Scotland
• Saughton Park and Gardens, Balgreen Road, Edinburgh EH11 3BQ Scotland
• Leith, Edinburgh EH6 Scotland
• Portobello Beach, 1 Promenade, Edinburgh EH15 2DX Scotland
• Innocent Railway Tunnel, 1 Holyrood Park, Edinburgh EH16 5BT Scotland
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Children are most welcome as long as they are confident on a bike. Recommended minimum age is 7 years.
- We have a tag-a-long bike for children under age of 7 years old.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- We shall supply bikes, helmets and gloves.
- Coffee and/or Tea
26 Melville Terrace, Edinburgh EH9 1LP, UK
4 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the A wee pedal in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
14-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operator's terms and conditions for this offer here.