This interactive tour offers you a unique opportunity to mix Castle visiting with Whisky tastings. While the attractions are all set in spectacular scenery, they are rooted in Scotland’s rich cultural heritage. See some of the sights in reality that Outlander film locations used as a base for the stories.
• Travel through Scotland’s renowned Hills and Glens
• Visit Some of Scotland’s remarkable castles
• Experience the Outlander effect, walking the same paths as the stars
• Get inside traditional Whisky production, then experience the real tastes
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Stirling Castle, Castle Esplanade Upper Castle Hill, Old Town, Stirling FK8 1EJ Scotland
Stirling Castle is the grandest of Scotland's castles, once a favoured residence of the Stewart kings and queens where knights, nobles and foreign ambassadors once flocked to enjoy its magnificent events
• See an awesome fortress, fought over by the Scots and English for centuries
• Look over the most famous battle sites of William Wallace 1297 Battle of Stirling and Robert the Bruce, 1314 Bannockburn,
• Walk around the Palace for Scottish Kings and Queens from Alexander 1 in 11th century to James VI.17th century, appreciating the amazing Queen’s bedroom
• Experience the grandeur of the Castle’s superb sculptures and beautiful gardens
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: The Glenturret Distillery The Hosh, Crieff PH7 4HA Scotland
The tour reaches Glenturret Distillery, Scotland’s oldest working distillery. Established in 1775 as an illegal still, progressing to licensed production in 1818, Glenturret maintains its traditional way of producing malt whisky. The Distillery Experience takes visitors through the traditional art of making Glenturret single malt whisky which uses hand-operated, time-honoured methods. Guides bring to life the history and heritage of one of Scotland's most iconic whisky brands. At the end of your 60-minute tour, you will enjoy two whisky tastes from exceptional distillery whisky range.
After the tour, there is time for lunch in the newly refurbished restaurant and the lovely café offering a range of hot drinks and lunch-time snacks!
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Drummond Gardens, 2 miles south of Crieff on the Muthill Road (A822) Drummond Castle, Crieff PH7 4HZ Scotland
A unique chance to experience the magnificent Drummond Castle Gardens. Take pictures of this Castle and its Gardens that heavily featured in the Outlander Series. Enjoy the splendid views of the Castle and appreciate one of the finest formal gardens in Europe
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Deanston Distillery & Visitor Centre, Deanston Distillery Near Doune, Stirling FK16 6AG Scotland
From an 18th century, the industrial heritage of cotton making Deanston was transformed in 1965 into an innovative Whisky distillery. Here you will see a traditional open-top mash tun, gleaming copper stills with a must-see vaulted maturation Warehouse 2B. Join experienced tour guides on a journey through time, taking you back to the past as a cotton mill and through the evolution of Deanston. On the Standard Tour, you finish off with a tasting of the Highland single malt, Deanston 12-year-old.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stop At: Doune Castle, Castle Hill, Doune, Stirling FK16 6EA Scotland
Also known as Castle Leoch, where we stop to take in the photogenic setting of the historical castle which features in Outlander as The Mackenzie’s home.
Duration: 20 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Bluetooth Connection to in-car audio system. USB Phone charging points
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Private transportation
- Snacks - Scottish biscuits
- Entry/Admission - Stirling Castle
- Entry/Admission - The Glenturret Distillery
- Entry/Admission - Drummond Gardens
- Entry/Admission - Deanston Distillery & Visitor Centre
Traveler pickup is offered
Please send exact location address of your chosen pick-up point. The driver will wait at the closest possible stopping place. Please be ready on time.
- Turnhouse Airport, Edinburgh EH12 9DN Scotland
- Glasgow Airport, Paisley PA3 2ST, UK
- Rosyth Dockyard, 180 Castle Rd, Rosyth, Dunfermline KY11 2AX, UK
- Port O' Leith, 58 Constitution St, Leith, Edinburgh EH6 6RS, UK
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the LinkTours Scotland in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.