Lisa feels lucky to have grown up in the Far North of Scotland surrounded by vast open landscapes and beautiful coastlines. Groatie Buckie shells are said to bring good luck to those who find them and is an activity her family have enjoyed for many generations, even inspiring her work today as a digital artist. Before becoming a full time artist, she gained experience working in tourism and hospitality. She's passionate about sharing local knowledge, stories and experiences with others while ensuring beaches are left as they're found.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: John O'Groats Caravan and Camping Site, County Road, John o' Groats KW1 4YR, UK
We also walk by the camping grounds at the beginning of our walk.
Pass By: John O'Groats Harbour, Unnamed Road, John o' Groats, Wick KW1 4YR, UK
Join a local lass, Lisa, at mainland UK's most northerly settlement for a stroll along the shore past coastal farmland to a secluded beach brimming with shells. She'll share her sustainable and mindful Groatie Buckie hunting skills with you here as you explore the natural landscape. The experience of searching for these tiny cowrie shells allows you to slow down, enjoy the moment, and immerse your senses in nature.
The walk is 2 hours in total so feel free to bring your favourite hot drink in a flask and a snack. Wear comfortable shoes and take Scottish weather into consideration. Lisa recommend bringing a waterproof jacket, as well as a hat and gloves incase it gets chilly.
Pass By: John O' Groats, Airor KW1 4YR Scotland
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- A small farewell gift
- Coffee and/or Tea - I recommend bringing your favourite hot drink in a flask.
- Snacks - Its also worth bringing a snack to enjoy.
- Waterproof clothing & comfortable shoes.
John O’ Groats Ferry Terminal, John o' Groats, Wick KW1 4YR, UK
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Lisa Poulsen in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.