Dive into Britain’s liquid history with our passionate Gin expert and discover your personal preferences sampling this piney beverage as you make your way through the streets of London.
Our guide will take you on a journey through time - from the British Gin craze, which in 1725 saw over 5 million gallons of Gin being produced on a weekly basis, to how this beverage went from being socially acceptable to heavily taxed by the government. From the distilling process, to the correct serving manner and from its dark underworld practices to its origins as herbal medicine, a tasty and educational tour is guaranteed.
• Challenge your tastebuds with various Gin tastings
• Go off the beaten path discovering the local’s favorite hideouts with a group no larger than 6 participants per guide
• Learn about the practices of the Gin production process and its sinister origin
• Make your way through some of London’s most characteristic streets whilst diving into the city’s Gin crazed history
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Trafalgar Square, Centre of the City, London SW1A England
Linking back to Napoleons' Battle this square has been a significant landmark since the early 1200s. Our guide will walk you past its most impressive sculptures and share its correlating anecdotes.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Covent Garden, London, UK
Discover this shopping and entertainment hub amidst St. Martins & Drury Lane alongside our guide. Learn about the history of the impressive opera house, which today homes the 3rd largest auditorium in London.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Seven Dials Covent Garden, London WC2 England
Once a promising affluent area south of Shaftesbury Avenue that eventually turned into slums and homed the more intriguing side of society, is known today for its vibrance and wide selection of bars. Our guide will introduce you to this neighborhood’s extensive past.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- We do not provide alcohol beverages to any participants below the age of 18
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- • Tour with a maximum of 6 people per guide
- • Professional Tour Guide
- • Guided Tour of 2 hours and 30 minutes
- • 4 Gin Sampling Included
- • Food/Additional Beverages
- • Gratuities
- • Hotel Pick-Up / Drop-Off
5 Trafalgar Sq, London SW1Y 5AY, UK
2 hours 30 minutes
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the LivTours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.