The stunning scenery of Lochaber has been made over millions of years. On our Geotours, a local expert geologist will take you to beautiful places and explain how the rocks and the landscape were shaped by continental collisions, folding that produced mountain ranges, episodes of volcanic activity and finally carved by the action of ice.The tour goes over the hill of Sgorr Chalum, due West of the summit of Ben Nevis, the highest mountain in Britain, and provides wonderful views of the Ben and of Glen Nevis below. The route takes us past Dun Deardail, a Vitrified Fort where fire caused the rocks of the building to fuse together. Start time: 10amEnd time: 4.30pm Involves a walking distance of approximately 15 km, with 350 m of ascent. A mixture of wide paths, narrow paths, rocky paths and boggy areas with no path. Please be prepared for Scottish west coast weather. See the clothing and equipment page on our website for more information.Walking Grade: Strenuous
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ben Nevis, Fort William Scotland
The tour goes over the hill of Bidean Bad na h-lolaire, 528 m, 5 km due West of the summit of Ben Nevis, the highest mountain in Britain, and provides wonderful views of the Ben and of Glen Nevis below. The route takes us past Dun Deardail, a Vitrified Fort where fire caused the rocks of the building to fuse together.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
6 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Lochaber Geopark Visitor Centre in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.