This is a fascinating bike ride, free of traffic, with a maximum group size of 7 people, along a charming river with plenty of stops to admire some of South London's most beautiful parks, wildlife, waterwheels, a local market, cottages, churches and an ancient village that became part of London. You will also stop at a marvelous 17th century pub for lunch/refreshments. An enthusiastic local guide, who has been living in the area for over 20 years, will meet you at his hundred- year- old house and lead you along winding paths on this 4 hour/12 mile/20km long relaxed ride through a mesmerising part of London where once a church stood as big as Westminster Abbey and a King was crowned. Are you ready to enter a peaceful world of lush greens and serenity? Only a short distance away from the busy centre of London a different world is waiting for you.
About This Deal
Meet your guide in the morning at his 100 year old house only a one minute walk away from Colliers Wood underground station in South London. You will be provided with a bicycle and a helmet before setting out on a 12 mile trip lasting around 4 hours. We will start off admiring old cottages along a river, that was once known as 'Europe's hardest working river', because of the amount of waterwheels that operated here. We will stop at London's only still working waterwheel which is now part of a local market and you will learn about an important monastery that included a massive church and once inhabited this site. We will continue along winding paths to one of South London's most beautiful parks, steeped in history and you will learn about the industries that made some inhabitants of the area incredibly rich. We will than follow the river to an ancient village which became a part of London but has kept it's charm and and has one of the United Kingdom's tallest tree and ponds full of wildlife. We will stop at the fantastic 17th century village pub before turning back.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- minimum age is 15
- participants must be able to ride a bike
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- bicycle and helmet provided
- local Guide
- waterproof trousers (if needed)
- light rain poncho (if needed)
- luggage and unneeded bags can be stored for free
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drink
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the London Cycle Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.