The pub is a keystone to British culture, and a 'proper pub' is the best of all: it's a home away from home, where you get a warm welcome and a great local beer. On this private tour our local expert guide will lead you off-the-beaten-track, and get you a ’round’ of drinks in three contrasting independent local establishments, to showcase the best of Britain's 'proper' pubs and make you feel right at home.
About This Deal
This private walking tour begins with your expert pub guide meeting you at your central London hotel, or a location of your choice. They will escort you to the historic neighbourhood of Southwark in London, where the pub has its roots, to stop in at three 'proper pubs'. In each one you'll receive a warm welcome from the publican and the locals (and even the pub cat), and find out why the British love a pub so much. Then enjoy a tasting of beers and ales with the barkeeper, and enjoy a 'pint' in each pub, learning more as you go about why pubs first started. You'll also enjoy a secret snack paired with a drink at one of our exclusive venues, and your guide will leave you with suggestions for the best pubs, events, and attractions for the rest of your trip.
Children are welcome to join the tour, however alcohol will only be served to guests over 18 (the UK legal drinking age).
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Our tours remain private, that is the only other attendees will be your friends that you booked for, meaning you don’t need to worry about mixing with other households or dealing with approaches to safety that differ from your own.
- A half pint of beer (or a non-alcoholic alternative) in each pub we visit
- A snack for your group
- Private guide
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Wine or spirits
Southwark Station, 68-70 Blackfriars Rd, South Bank, London SE1 8JZ, UK
The Roebuck, 50 Great Dover St, London SE1 4YG, UK
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Totally Tailored in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.