Steeped in history, Windsor Castle perches proudly on a lush wooded hill overlooking the Thames. Dating back to Norman times, with sweeping landscaped gardens and turreted Round Tower.
What You'll Get
Windsor CastleSteeped in history, Windsor Castle perches proudly on a lush wooded hill overlooking the Thames. Dating back to Norman times, with sweeping landscaped gardens and turreted Round Tower, it's easy to see why it's the Queen's favourite weekend residenceÂ royal Windsor. Enjoy a fascinating through-the-keyhole peek at the lavish State Apartments, home to priceless artworks by Rembrandt and Leonardo da Vinci, and visit St. George's Chapel, the atmospheric final resting place of former monarchs including Henry VIII. You can visit Queen Mary's Dolls' House, a truly incredible structure complete with working lifts, running water, electricity and wine bottles, all in miniature!Â
Mysterious StonehengeThe true meaning of this ancient, awe-inspiring creation has been lost in the mists of time. Was Stonehenge a temple for sun worship, a healing centre, a burial site or perhaps a huge calendar? How did our ancestors manage to carry the mighty stones from so far away and then, using only the most primitive of tools, build this amazing structure? Surrounded by mystery, Stonehenge never fails to impress.Â
Free Snack PackEnjoy a snack pack as part of this package, absolutely free - meaning you can spend more time exploring at each destination!Â
BathStanding proudly on the slopes of the River Avon, beautiful Bath was the first city in England to be designated an UNESCO World Heritage site. The gorgeous 15th century Bath Abbey, the stunning Georgian architecture, the romantic Pulteney Bridge, modeled on Florence's Ponte Vecchio, are all sights to linger on in the memory of your day.Â
Roman Baths and Pump RoomsNo tour of Bath would be complete without a visit to the famous Roman Baths that gave the city its name. This beautifully preserved bathing complex still flows with water from Britain's only hot spring. Marvel at the dazzling torch-lighting ceremony as dusk falls (not applicable in summer) and sip Bath's healing waters in the Pump Room, a stunning neo-classical salon.
Estimated arrival time back in London is around 8:00pm
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please note that on Friday 22nd March Windsor Castle will be close and we will visit Hampton Court Palace instead.
- State Apartments at Windsor Castle will be closed on 22nd March, 2nd May, 16th June and 17th June 2019
- On 18th May 2019, Windsor Castle will be closed. On 21st April 2019, Windsor Castle will not open until 1pm.
- Queen Mary's Dolls' House at Windsor Castle will be closed to visitors from Friday, 6 July, until further notice.
- You must bring the e-ticket provided to gain entry to this tour.
- This tour will depart promptly at 8:15am April onward and return at approximately 8:00pm
- Windsor Castle is a working royal palace and planned closures/disruptions may be subject to change. Please view the Schedule tab above for full information on closures.
- On 18th of June due to Windsor Castle closures, this tour will visit Henry VIII's former residence - Hampton Court Palace instead.
- Bookings made after midnight for the same day will not receive a free Lunch pack
- *During Peak Periods, Additional Vehicles Without Wi-Fi May Be Used.
- **Valid from departures until 31st March 2019. You will be given your discount voucher for the 25% discount on guide books on the day of departure
- When the State Apartments are closed the Precincts, Queen Mary's Dolls' House and the Drawings Gallery will continue to be open.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Professional Guide
- Transportation by Luxury Air-Conditioned Coach
- Free Lunch Pack
- Free Walking Tour
- Food and beverages unless stated differently
Golden Tours Visitor Centre Victoria 4 Fountain Square, 123-151 Buckingham Palace Road SW1W 9SH 08:00 AM
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the London Underground in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
14-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operator's terms and conditions for this offer here.