This activity is fully guided by a qualified mountain leader, giving you an insight into the flora, fauna and heritage of this stunning area while walking this magnificent hill.
About This Deal
Quinag is an 808 m high mountain range in Sutherland with just a 45-minute stunning car journey north from Ullapool.
It’s not a single mountain but a dramatic range of peaks called Sàil Gharbh, Sàil Ghorm, and Spidean Coinich in Scottish Gaelic. This translates to the rough heel, the blue heel and the mossy peak. Owned and looked after by the John Muir Trust.
Quinag is unusual in offering the general walker no fewer than three separate mountains over 2,500ft (Corbetts) a tour of all the summits is a fairly major undertaking. This means that this is no easy day out if you tackle all three. This is why we only take two mountains into our route for the day to make it more achievable for most.
Your effort will be well rewarded with breathtaking views over Loch Assynt to the south, Conival and Ben More Assynt to the south-east and Loch a’Chàirn Bhàin.
Walk details: 7.5 miles, 12 km – Ascent 800 m, Descent 800 m – Walking time 5 – 6 h
• Quinag, Lairg IV27 4HP, UK
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Fully qualified Mountain guide
- Coffee and/or Tea
A894, Lairg IV27 4HW, UK
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Mckenzie Mountaineering in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.