For those looking for a challenge, and being inside the mine means it's a perfect option when the weather is not so great! It is a unique environment, and you can marvel at the sheer scale of the chambers that were cut out by the miners long ago.
About This Deal
After putting on the safety gear we will walk the 10min to the start of the course, passing through some of the old mine tunnels. We then start a unique underground adventure inside the caverns of Honister slate mine. Similar to a Via Ferrata you will climb the walls, scale bridges and tackle wobbly ladders in this subterranean world. An adrenaline filled adventure climbing / scrambling activity that uses a permanently fixed cable for safety and protection up the rock face. This is the perfect activity regardless of weather.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Gloves MUST be worn by all.
- All the via ferrata equipment, harness, helmet and lights.
- Car Parking
- Private transportation
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the MobileAdventure in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.