Explore the rich history of North Yorkshire and visit the famous North York Moors National Park. Visit historical landmarks and watch as history comes to life at the Ryedale Folk Museum.The Historical Yorkshire tour will take you ove the rolling hills of the North York Moors which is home to the largest area of heather moorland in the England. The Moors are one of the most important historical areas in Britain in terms of religion, farming, mining, fishing and smuggling.It has more ancient scheduled monuments than anywhere in the country including, standing stones, stone crosses and burial mounds.Explore an open-air history museum, coastal towns and historic sites such as Rievaulx Terrace, all the while enjoying unrivalled views along the Yorkshire coast and for miles across the Yorkshire
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: York Minster, Minster Yard Deangate, York YO1 7HH England
Meet your driver under the incredible York Minster to begin your tour.
Duration: 2 minutes
Stop At: Rievaulx Terrace and Temples, Rievaulx Terrace & Temples Mossy Bank Wood, Helmsley YO62 5LJ England
Explore the beautiful gardens and temples of Rievaulx Terrace and immerse yourself in the history of the Georgian Era.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ryedale Folk Museum, Keld Lane, Hutton le Hole, North York Moors National Park YO62 6UA England
Explore Yorkshire folk lore and history at the Ryedale Folk Museum where history is brought to life.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Whitby Harbour, Endeavour Wharf, Whitby YO21 1DN England
Explore the seaside town of Whitby. Enjoy a fish and chip lunch, browse shops or walk along the beach, you could even visit the Abbey which inspired the novel 'Dracular'.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Pickering Castle, Castle Road, Pickering YO18 7BA England
Visit the market town of Pickering, where you will have the chance to explore and maybe even visit the ancient castle.
Duration: 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Our tours are not suitable for children under 5 years old
- There will be a designated lunch stop where you’ll be able to purchase lunch
- There are toilet stops on route
- Minimal walking required
- Confirmation is received at the time of booking
- Our vehicles are not currently wheelchair accessible
- Luggage storage is available at the York train station
- Seats cannot be reserved
- Each passenger must have their own seat.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- Round trip transportation from York
- Small mini-coach tour. Maximum of 16 passengers
- Commentary from the driver guide in English
- Entry/Admission - Rievaulx Terrace and Temples
- Entry/Admission - Ryedale Folk Museum
- Food and drink
- Drivers Gratuity (optional)
- Entry/Admission - York Minster
- Entry/Admission - Pickering Castle
Duncombe Place, Duncombe Pl, York YO1, UK
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Mountain Goat Ltd - York in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
14-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operator's terms and conditions for this offer here.