• Scramble your way to the top of Snowdon
• Traverse the famous Crib Goch ridge
• Qualified and experienced mountain guides
• Small groups
• Daily adventures throughout the year
• Fully insured and protected by our COVID-19 Guarantee
The Snowdon Horseshoe is an exciting hiking challenge and is often described as one of the best ridge walks in Wales with 'interesting' terrain and amazing views but with grade one scrambles and big drops to contend with it's certainly not for the faint-hearted. The route is made up of a horseshoe shaped ring of ridges and peaks on Snowdon’s eastern side and makes for a great mountain day suitable for most.
Whether you're doing it for charity, with a group of friends, as a family outing or just for your own pleasure MountainXperience can take the hassle out of planning your adventure and keep you safe on the day. We only work with qualified and experienced mountain guides who are fully insured and hold up-to-date first aid certificates.
About This Deal
You'll meet your MountainXperience guide at the Pen-y-Pass car park and have a chat about what the day involves and check you've got everything you need.
The walk starts with an easy climb from Pen y Pass along the Pyg Track before veering off to tackle the exposed ridge of Crib Goch. The bravest will march confidently along the top whilst the more nervous will be on all fours with most people managing a bit of both! The pinnacles give you a bit of easy vertical scrambling before the easy walk to Snowdon's summit. You'll then descend to the south to the rough, rocky Y Lliwedd with its amazing views back to Crib Goch then further down into Cwm Dyli before joining the Miners' Track back to the start.
The route is a little over seven miles (11.4km) and will take around six hours.
• Snowdonia National Park LL55 4UL Wales
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for those with a fear of heights
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for children under 12 years
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- MountainXperience has achieved the 'Good To Go' industry mark by Visit Britain and the WTTC 'Safe Travels' stamp. These schemes provide a ring of confidence for the tourism industry, as well as reassurance to visitors that clear processes are in place for industry and Government COVID-19 guidance.
- Local Mountain Guide
- Fully insured and protected by our COVID-19 Guarantee
Pen-y-pass, Caernarfon LL55 4NU, UK
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the MountainXperience in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.