Experience the world of wizardry on a tour of London's Harry Potter filming locations. Cruise through the city in your very own private vehicle and visit cinematic landmarks such as Number 12, Grimmauld Place, Diagon Alley and Platform 9¾. Along the way, enjoy insider stories about the making of the Harry Potter films and visit famous locations that inspired the epic series. Hear insider gossip about the films from an expert Harry Potter guide driver. Visit film locations like Number 12, Grimmauld Place – used in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix Pose for pictures at Platform 9 ¾ while imagining Harry running through the wall in Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone See countless London landmarks that inspired J K Rowling to write her acclaimed Harry Potter novels
MY TRANSFERS UK PROVIDING HARRY POTTER TOUR IN LONDON
All Tours Carried out in Luxurious Executive Vehicles
This Tour Takes you around the film Locations of Harry Potter in London
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Westminster, Victoria Street at Parliament Square, London SW1P 3PA England
*Start Tour from Westminster Station
*Drive over the bridge where the ‘Knight’ Bus squeezes between 2 London red buses in The Prisoner of Askaban.
*Drive the route that Harry flies in The Order Of The Phoenix en route to 12 Grimauld Place.
Stop At: Cecil Court, Between Charing Cross Road & St. Martin's Lane, London England
HOW TO FIND DIAGON ALLEY
There are two contenders here for the REAL Diagon Alley and many Potter fans are split as to which is the ‘real’ Diagon Alley.
Fortunately, both are very centrally located near Leicester Square.
First is Cecil Court and the second is Goodwin court
In the wizarding world, The Leaky Cauldron (which holds the entrance to Diagon Alley) sits just off Charing Cross Road.
In our world, Charing Cross Road is known for its multitude of bookshops – many of which specialise in magic and the occult.
It’s clear to see why J. K. Rowling decided that the entrance to Diagon Alley would be here!
There are also two locations used for the door to Diagon Alley, one in Leadenhall Market and the other in Borough Market.
Given the items that line the storefronts, the tarot card readers that work here and the magical lamps running down the centre of the alleyway, this is definitely a contender to be the real deal.
Take a walk to discover all the above places and take pictures.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Scotland, Scotland
"Pass By: Whitehall, London, England SCOTLAND PLACE POLYJUICE POTION It is outside these shutters that Hermione stuns Mafalda Hopkirk. They drag her into the loading bay behind the shutter where Albert Runcorn and Reg Cattermole are laid out. They then take the Polyjuice Potion and are transformed into the three Ministry employees."
Great Scotland Yard
"Pass By: Whitehall, London, England GREAT SCOTLAND YARD MINISTRY OF MAGIC ENTRANCE It was here that Harry and Mr Weasley enter the phone box to descend into the Ministry of Magic. However, there has never actually been a phone box at this junction; the one used in the film was a specially brought in prop that was taken away once filming had finished."
Police station · Victoria Embankment
Police HQ with an iconic revolving sign
"Pass By: Whitehall, London, England GREAT SCOTLAND YARD
do not forget to take pictures
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Horse Guards Avenue, Horse Guards Ave, London SW1A, UK
• Horseguards Avenue (Ministry of Magic Staff Entrance as seen in Deathly Hallows Part 1)
Stop At: St. Paul's Cathedral, St Paul's Churchyard, London EC4M 8AD England
Steel suspension bridge for pedestrians"Stop At: Millennium Bridge THE MILLENNIUM BRIDGE DEATH EATER DESTRUCTION Their kidnap mission accomplished, the Death Eaters attack the Millennium Bridge, as terrified Muggles try to escape. As we watch, the metal of the bridge begins to twist and buckle, and the Muggles cling desperately to its railings before it collapses into the Thames. This is perfect place to take some picture of St Paul's Cathedral Duration: 30 minutes"
Elegant steel suspension footbridge crossing the Thames from the Tate Modern to St Paul's Cathedral.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: The London Bridge Experience, The Rennie Vaults 1 Tooley Street The Rennie Vaults, London SE1 2PF England
8 Stoney St
"Pass By: London Bridge, London, England 8 STONEY STREET THIRD HAND BOOK EMPORIUM As the Knight bus screeches to a halt outside the Leaky Cauldron, it shunts the back of a car parked in front of this shop, which, for the film, was renamed, "The Third Hand Book Emporium." The sign, which can be seen over the car, reads, "Old Rare Books Bought and Sold.""
"Pass By: London Bridge, London, England STONEY STREET THE LEAKY CAULDRON The location of the Leaky Cauldron was magically moved to Stoney Street, alongside Borough Market for this film. The Knight Bus pulls up by the railway bridge that passes over the street, causing car alarms to go off, and Harry climbs off and enters the Leaky Cauldron
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: HMS Belfast, The Queen's Walk, London SE1 2JH England
Museum · The Queen's WalkFloating museum on Royal Navy cruiser"Pass By: Southwark, London, England HMS BELFAST THE FLIGHT OF THE ORDER Having swooped down from the clouds over Docklands, the members of the Order's Advance Guard fly along the Thames and head for Tower Bridge. Having passed it, they are then shown flying very close to the side of HMS Belfast, the grey battleship to the right of the photo."
9-deck WWII warship-turned-museum with naval guns, permanently moored on the Thames.
Bridge · Tower Bridge Rd
"Pass By: Tower Bridge, London, England THE MUGGLES LOOK OUT In the film's opening sequence, Muggles are gathered around a table inside City Hall, the headquarters of the Greater London Authority, as the clouds darken above. They look round to see what is happening and then move to look out of the windows across the River Thames."
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: King's Cross Station, Euston Road, London NW1 2AL England
Located in London’s King’s Cross Station, the barrier between platforms 9 and 10 holds the secret entrance to the magical platform that can only be accessed by running straight ahead – directly into the barrier.
This takes wizards and witches out of the ‘muggle’ world and into the magical world where they can pick up the Hogwarts Express, the red steam-engine train that will speed them up to Scotland to Hogwarts.
For all witches and wizards, their first entrance into the world of Hogwarts comes as soon as they step through the barrier onto Platform 9 and 3/4.
It’s also worth noting that it was near this platform where Harry Potter first met Ron and the entire Weasley gang!
The inspiration for Platform 9 and 3/4
HOW TO GET TO PLATFORM 9 3/4
full details will be provided in the itinerary which will be handed to you by your driver, before the start of the tour
Duration: 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Covid19 guide lines for our travellers and Tour drivers The fear and uncertainty caused by the coronavirus is being felt by everyone around the world. In these difficult times, your wellbeing is important to us, and we have a dedicated team working to support you. That is why we are taking every precaution possible to keep our travellers safe and well during their tour with us. We have trained our drivers to keep themselves and our travellers safe while carrying out the tour There are a number of precaution our drivers will undertake before the start of every tour Our drivers will sanitise their vehicle fully before every tour, cleaning door handles seats and surface cleaning, and any other part of the vehicle that traveller will have contact with. Where the social distancing guidelines cannot be followed in full. We will be providing face coverings hand sanitisers and hand gloves for all our travellers. There will be no any extra charge for these. The latest Government advice is that, although face coverings are unlikely to prevent you from getting the virus, they could help prevent you from giving it to others. Face coverings are particularly important where 2m social distancing is hard to maintain. We are also reducing our seating capacity in the vehicles A saloon car 5 seater (sedan) will not have more than 3 travellers A MPV 7 seater (Minivan) will not have more than 5 travellers A minibus 8 seater will not have more than 7 travellers. No traveller will be seating in the front passenger seat. This is to minimise close contact with drivers. We will put protective measures in place including ensuring face coverings are worn by all drivers. Also some of the vehicles will have screening put in place giving protection to our driver and travellers. These screening will be between the driver and back passenger seats. Further mitigating actions include: Increasing the frequency of handwashing and surface cleaning using screens or barriers to separate people from each other
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- payments for gratuities and add-ons can be made by card through our office at anytime before or during your tour Coronavirus Update 6 Government advice Travel safely during the coronavirus outbreak. You should avoid using public transport where possible
- Central London congestion and ULEZ charge
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Parking Fees
- Private transportation
- WiFi on board
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the My Transfers UK in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.