What You'll Get
We include you into planning each days itinerary. We are true to a real sailing spirit and plan together with the wind, weather and you! Therefore, please just treat the below itinerary as a general idea. We will customize it to meet your crew wishes and the current weather. Only the mad ones sail against the wind!
Day 1: HAMBLE is our host marina and easily accessible by train and road from Southampton Airport or from London. Please allow sufficient time to reach the marina in time to meet the other crew and then we will provision the yacht and set sail!
Day 2: ISLE OF WIGHT: Famous as a holiday destination and for its scenic landscapes, the Isle of Wight has also a long maritime tradition. We will stop over in Cowes, famous for the regatta and breathe in the Victorian charm of the island.
Day 3: BUCKLERS HARD: To reach Bucklers Hard we will need to sail the picturesque river Beaulieu upstream. The Georgian cottages were built in the 18th century by the second duke of Montagu, as a shipbuilding and trading harbour for the West Indies. Today the estate hosts a maritime museum. In this quiet and scenic place we can stay for our first night either by the pontoon or on a buoy.
Day 4: THE NEEDLES: These two sharp chalk stacks are the guardians of the Solent. They are the last landmarks when coming out of the straight and entering the Channel. The Needles lighthouse was built in 1859, and manned until 1992!
Day 5: ALDERNEY: The third largest of the Channel Islands, Alderney is a self-governing Crown Dependency with its own parliament. The island is only 6km long, so everything is within walking distance. There are many forts, bunkers and ruins that we can explore!
Day 6: GUERNSEY: Guernsey is where we will best feel the culture and singular status of the Channel Islands
Day 7: DIÉLETTE: An old and typical fishing village, this is one of the harbours along the French coast we may stop in. We’ll visit the boulangerie for some croissants and baguette and just enjoy the quiet charm of a village that is not flooded with tourists!
Day 8: HAMBLE: Day 8 is the day to say goodbye. All the miles sailed, coasts visited, skills gained and time shared with others will make you bond and build relationships. Cherish these, keep in touch and remember that our sailing family is there. See you another time!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- We recommend you have some previous sailing experience, at least one week, for this trip
- This is a very social experience and you should expect to be part of a team and play your role (sailing, taking care of the boat, cooking (if you can ;)) and shopping.
- This is not a party sailing trip, so please find another trip if you expect to drink till you sink.
- Additionally we will encourage plastic free trip, conscious purchases and sustainable travelling mode, so be ready to take that into account and accept little adjustments to your habits (i.e. using bio-degradable shower gel or not using single use plastics on board). We want to take care of our planet in the end, don`t we?
- The boats which we are using for our trips are 0-5 years old, have 3-4 double cabins, 2-3 showers, fridge, stove, stereo, outside shower to wash off the salt water, saloon and socializing area outside. Additionally there is a tender and outboard engine to go ashore if not in the marina. Each cabin has lockers reading lights, and little port-holes (windows).
- Minimum age is 21 years, however we suggest the participants who are under 25 to read very carefully the trip description and decide if they want to join only after careful considerations of all the points.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund. So far we have not had any cancellation and we make it our pride to keep it like that.
- Not recommended for participants with back problems, unfortunately sailboats are also not wheelchair accessible.
- We suggest only the people who are willing to share and live a week on a sailboat to join. It may be challenging at times but in our opinion it is the most rewarding way of travelling.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- A comfy bed on a fully equipped 12-16m sailing yacht, tender, end cleaning, tourist taxes, bed linen, towels, etc… If you join solo you share a same-sex cabin.
- Pro Skipper who is in charge of sailing. S/he is a part of your crew, facilitates the trip and shows you the best secret spots. Skippers are fun, sailed the 7 seas and are socially capable professionals.
- Travel insurance is always included. Our partner Axa is providing it. It covers:
- MEDICAL EXPENSES AND COSTS OF IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE: 20.000
- PERSONAL ACCIDENT: 2.000
- TRAVEL LUGGAGE: 200
- TPL: 50.000
- Please allow 175€ to cover exclusions which will go for:
- Food and drinks on board (we have fridge and stove on board) and in the restaurants
- Fuel for the yacht
1-3 High St
Our meeting point is Hamble Point Marina. The marina is located between Southampton (7.5 miles / 12 km) and Portsmouth (18 miles / 29 km). It is easily accessible by train or by road.MEETING DAY AND TIME
Please remember the following:Before the check-in day your skipper will email you and your crew to coordinate the very details of the first day and agree on the exact meeting point. Upon arrival you will recognize the yacht you will sail on by the Naleia Yachting flags. Check-in hour: Friday at 16h00. It would be great if you could arrive to the marina before 16h00 to have enough time to provision the yacht together with your crew. Later arrivals are allowed if you don’t have another choice. Your crew will do the shopping for you, so be considerate and bring them a little thank-you present. Sweets from your home country work best ;). We will leave the marina on Sunday morning, after the breakfast, and after the safety briefing. Check-out hour: 12h00 on the last day of the trip (Friday). We will probably come back to the marina already on Thursday evening. We may go out to share a dinner and spend the last night on the boat talking long into the dark.
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Naleia Discovery Travel in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
14-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operator's terms and conditions for this offer here.