A guided wildlife walk in the Lake District to view the wild herds of red deer in Martindale. There's lots more to see including birds of prey and other mountain wildlife, a fascinating history and magnificent views. Led by former National Park Ranger, author and mountain guide John White. Variable start times depending on time of year - further details from guide after booking.
About This Deal
After meeting in Pooley Bridge, Ullswater, you drive up into the beautiful and remote valley of Martindale. The guide can provide lifts for up to 6 people.
Once in Martindale, your guide will show you around the ancient farmstead of Dale Head, before you set off for the walk into Bannerdale. After a short uphill section, the path is flat and easy, though it can be muddy after wet weather. During the walk you stop frequently to spot the deer and other wildlife and to learn about the fascinating history and culture of the area, which includes bronze and stone age settlements, wartime shooting ranges and colourful tales about the 5th Earl of Lowther.
Your guide, former National Park Ranger, used to live in Martindale and knows the area exceptionally well, and he will keep you entertained for the duration of this delightful walk. The views are wonderful and there's plenty to see at all times of the year.
The walk is a maximum of approximately 4km long in total and you'll need warm and waterproof clothing along with walking boots or strong walking shoes. In the event of severe weather the walk may be cancelled, but you will be informed in advance if this is the case.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Nature Treks in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.