Experience leader Thomas O'Hagan is a mead-maker, biologist and bee keeper who has won the full 3 stars in The Great Taste Awards and Silver in The IWSC for his mead. He has a passion for historical mead-making and aims to bring this tradition back into everyone's kitchens.
About This Deal
A honey-wine tasting experience based within our micro-meadery within the beautiful countryside of East Devon.
This is a fantastic opportunity to learn about mead and taste different examples made through different techniques from the traditional through to more modern.
On arrival, you will be given a delicious glass of mulled mead followed by an introductory talk about the site and the world of mead making.
This is followed by a visit to our herb garden on our beautiful farm, where you will pick herbs to be smoked with honey, and turned into a gin cocktail.
You will then taste up to 10 different meads of different styles made within the micro-meadery and the surrounding area, paired with some cheese and crackers.
This is followed by the opportunity for you to make two bottles of your own mead to take home with you. One will be made using the more traditional style first used in the Stone Age, and the other in the more modern technique.
To finish off the experience you will have time to view the beautiful surroundings whilst drinking your gin and mead cocktail.
Other things to note
Bring old boots/wellies for the farm if it has been raining.
• Kilnsaggart Mead - Medium-sweet, clean and complex honey-wine made traditionally and sustainably with raw honey. Bottled still at 14%.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Bring old boots/wellies for the farm if it has been raining.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Snacks - Crackers and local cheeses
O'Hagan's Meadery, Trill Farm, Pudleylake Rd, Musbury, Axminster EX13 8TU, UK
2 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the O'Hagan's Meadery in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.